Chapter 23

Chapter 23

The next day Lana intercepted me as I walked to Italian.

"Hey, I have a pass for you. You're going to miss Italian today. We have to meet with Emily. Try to melt the ice queen. Have you met her before?"

"Yeah, I have her in drama. She's friends with Abigail. Or at least she's in dance and hangs out with the other dance girls."

"That's her." She said and then mumbled, "Power-hungry bitch."

"Lana, remember your mom's seminar," I sang half-serious. Lana's mom bought us tickets to a seminar on women uplifting other women. They spent a whole half hour explaining why we should not call other women bitches.

"Seriously, I can't stand her," she said, unbuttoning her blouse in the mirror and pushing up her breasts to show some pretty impressive cleavage.

I guess feminism was getting the middle finger in more ways than one today.

I shook my head. "Okay, what's with the boobs? I am pretty sure Emily has a boyfriend, and you are not her type," I said.

"Someone is funny today. I'll have you know this year much to Emily's dismay, they put Aaron Miller as VP of fine art, and him I can hopefully work with," she said, applying mascara.

I knew Aaron; he was on the soccer team with Robbie. He was usually stoned but pretty nice.

"Aaron Miller, I'm so stoned I can barely remember my last name, that Aaron Miller. What fine art does he do?"

"He's apparently quite gifted at digital arts and was an early acceptance to CalArts."

"And why are we trying to seduce Aaron?"

"Because the school requires them both to agree on any decision or it does not go through. I want the courtyard attached to the library. I want the banquet hall. We get those two spaces, and we have a really nice area where we can host some nice events at a fraction of the cost."

My eyes widened, "Wow, you really care about this."

"Yeah, well, that money can go towards scholarships. It can go towards making sure you can stay."

Oh. 

My eyes softened, and I pulled her in for a hug. When she pulled back, she looked at me and cocked her head to the side, then started unbuttoning my blouse too.

"Yeah, babe, you can unbutton it all the way down; there is nothing to see there," I said, deadpanned.

"Well, any chance when we're meeting with them, you can drop a pen or something and show some booty."

"Umm, no... I am not going to do that," I said, looking at Lana as if she were crazy and buttoning up my blouse.

Lana sighed.

"I am sure we can convince them," I said, trying to encourage her.

She took a deep breath and fanned herself, "Lia, I cannot handle this year without you. I am way over my head with this event planning."

"Don't worry, I know I've seemed tired, but whatever you need, I'm here. It will work out," I said and picked up the binder she had brought. "Come on," I said, and put my arm around her shoulder, "let's go seduce Aaron Miller into giving us the cafeteria and pretend we didn't just spend an hour saying Hail Mary's for kids with cancer."

We walked together to a conference room just outside the library. Emily and Aaron were already there. Didn't they have class, how were they able to take a conference room during school hours?