Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Noah texted me several times that day. Asking me about inane things mostly. What the English homework was or about my schedule.

At the end of the day on Monday, he waited for me at the school's entrance.

"Hi," I said, walking towards the sports field. I didn't really have time for a stop and chat. 

"Are you busy?" he asked, matching my pace as we walked. 

"I have track practice."

"Can I watch?"

"Why?" I asked, confused.

He shrugged. I realized that Noah didn't have friends. Everyone treated him like a pariah or like the guy they wanted to hook up with. I felt kind of bad for him. 

"I was hoping we could hang out after school. Didn't you have fun on the weekend?"

"We got into a fight."

"A fun fight. If all my fights ended like tha—"

"Look, I'm already late. If you want to watch, you can. The stadium is open to everyone," I said, cutting him off.

"Can we hang out afterward?"

"And do what?" I asked, checking my watch.

"Anything. Want to come over to my house? We have the same English teacher so we can do our homework together."

Definitely not. Also, when did Noah ever do homework?

"I don't know if it's a good idea."

"Is this about the kiss?" He asked, walking with his hand behind his back.

My eyes widened, "Please, don't say that so casually."

"Ouch, princess," he said, covering his chest with his hands as if I had stabbed him in the heart.

"Noah," I said, stopping and turning to at him, "I'm sorry I kissed you. I wasn't feeling well on Saturday, and I barely slept the night before...it was stupid of me. I like being your friend, but that was a mistake, and I'd appreciate it if you don't bring it up anymore."

He stared at me blankly for a moment, "okay," he said, and then he smiled, "so, yes?"

I swallowed a groan of frustration, "fine, we'll hang out after practice," I said, getting antsy with how late it was getting. Coach made us do burpees if we were even a minute late.

"It's a date!" He said.

"No. No, it is not," I yelled as I walked away.

When I finished track practice, Noah and Lana were waiting for me as I walked through the gates.

Lana ran up to me first, "I finished the plans for the first banquet. It's set for next Friday? You can come?"

"Yeah, I'll be there," I said as I walked with her toward the main entrance. She could have just texted me.

"So?"

"So?" She asked.

"What else?"

"Well, I came to see if you wanted a ride to go to Maria's, but then I notice you had an admirer," she said, her eyes shifting towards Noah.

"He's annoying," I muttered.

"He's hot and very obviously interested," she said.

"I thought you wanted to hook up with him?"