Good day

It was right at nine when I let Axel in. Chelsy was already seated on the couch.

"Come on, Chelsy's already here." I said as I started to walk towards the living room.

"Wait. I want to talk to you about earlier." he said.

But I shook my head. Discussing anything with him right now is a bad idea.

"We're still on for tomorrow, right?"

I turned and looked at him. He was so hopeful. There was no way I could hurt him.

"If you pick me up at the right time." I said and threw in a wink.

His smile brightened even more as he pulled me into a hug. He smelt amazing. I can't even describe it, but I just hoped, for one second, that he was really interested in me.

"What's taking so long?" Chelsy screamed.

"Just talking." I said as Axel and I sat down on the couch.

"So what's the plan?" He asked.

"I'm going to the club on Saturday...but i'm a little worried about Chris and I being alone."

"Oh please. Just have sex with the guy and dump him. It's no big deal." Chelsy said and rolled her eyes.

My eyes widened and I looked at her. Why would she say that? Especially in front of Axel.

"No, that's not what's going down." He said in a strained voice.

"You and Axel will be at the club too. Just to make sure everything goes well."

"So you're taking me on a date?" She said as she cast a flirty smile Axel's way.

But his eyes were on mine as he sighed.

"As friends." He clarified as his arm twisted slightly and touched my back.

My breath had left me and a blush crept onto my face. I hadn't felt this good in a long time. And I think my old feelings are coming back ten-fold.

"Oh boo. Do we at least get to have a friendly make out?" She asked.

My head snapped in her direction and if looks could kill, she'd be dead.

"Sorry, Chelsy. I'm not interested."

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Whatever."

I sighed. Here we go.

"Chelsy..." I started.

"No! It's not fair. Everyone wants you. What's so good about you? I bet it's just the accent. There's nothing else about you anyone would like." She seethed.

I felt ice flowing through my veins. She's supposed to be my best friend, but she thought the same thing everyone else did.

"You're right." I whispered.

Axel's arm came around me fast and pulled me in. I'm trying to refrain from blinking so my tears won't fall.

Chelsy's voice and face softened when she realized what she said.

"Lauren... I'm so sorry."

"I think you should leave." Axel said as his hand was rubbing my back.

"I'm her best friend! You're just some asshole that hurt her in high school. I shouldn't be the one leaving." She yelled.

"Leave. I'll call you with the plans tomorrow." He said.

"Fine." Chelsy said as she got up and left.

"Is she always such a bitch?" He asked into my hair.

"No. That was just today." I whispered back.

Axel tilted my head up so that I could see his face. Then he leaned his forehead against mine, and I automatically closed my eyes. Down came the tears but he wiped them away with his thumb. I opened my eyes again.

"She was right, ya know." I said.

"No. She was just jealous. You're so beautiful, she just can't handle it."

"But i'm not." I replied.

He chuckled a little bit.

"You are to me." He breathed.

I was now very aware of how close his mouth was to mine. I could feel his breathing and i'm sure he could feel mine. His hand came up and rested on my cheek, and my insides felt like they were on fire.

I couldn't control myself anymore, so I was the one to capture his lips. Just as quickly, though, he returned the kiss. No matter how many times I dreamt about this moment, it was nothing compared to the real thing. Yet, in my dreams, it lasted longer.

"What was that for?" He asked as we pulled away.

"I just couldn't help myself. You don't know how long I've wanted to do that." I said and blushed.

He pecked my lips again.

"You have no idea how long i've wanted you to do that." He said then looked at the clock. "I've got to go, but remember to be ready by seven tomorrow. And dress in casual attire." He said before getting up and pulling me with him.

"You're pulling me up with you because..."

"It's polite to walk your guest to the door." he said with a smirk.

"In other words you want to kiss me some more?"

"Damn right I do." He said as he tugged me closer to him. "You're so addicting" He said kissing me while opening the door.

"Bye Axel." I said.

"Bye, Lauren."

I closed the door and leaned against it. Taking deep breaths I went over the nights events. My best friend really hates me, and Axel really likes me.

"What else could go wrong." I said before locking up and heading to bed. Great day, great day.