I need to think

I woke up in a bed and I had a pounding headache. I tried to remember how I got home, but I couldn't. The last thing I remember was Axel taking me away from Chris.

Chris. That asshole! I can't believe he actually thinks that he's a nice guy. There isn't one nice bone in his body.

I turned over and groaned. My body was so sore from dancing.

"Good, you're up."

I screamed at the voice and turned my body, causing me to fall off the bed.

"That's not how it was supposed to go." Axel said with a laugh.

"Dick. That was so not funny." I said in a tight voice. "Where are we?"

"My place."

"Okay, what happened last night?" I asked while holding my head.

"Well you're lovely date made you dance with him for an hour or so, then you took a break and got away from him." A smile began to form. "You danced with me for about a half hour. It was the best part of your night, by the way."

"Alright, sure it was." I said with a laugh.

Axel's face darkened.

"Then I saw him drag you into the guys restroom. I waited about three minutes to see if you'd come back out. When you didn't, I went in." He helped me off the floor and back into the bed.

I laid down and faced him as he did the same. His voice began again in a whisper.

"he had you locked in the stall and I couldn't break it down. God, I tried. Then you slapped him and I stopped breathing." He stroked my cheek. "Then he hit you and you crawled out from the bottom of the stall. I was trying to get you out, but you passed out. I carried you to my car and brought you back here." He paused. "I won't have him near you again. He won't hurt you."

I smiled.

"And they say chivalry is dead."

"They lie." He said with a smile.

"Thank you." I whispered. "You're really a great friend."

His hand grabbed my hip and brought me closer until our bodies were touching. 

"I wanted to talk to you about that."

"Oh yeah? What's wrong? You don't want to be friends with loser Lauren?" I said with a laugh.

"No, I don't want to be friends with you anymore. It's too hard."

I closed my eyes. That was not supposed to be his answer.

"I can't be friends with you because I want more, Laur." My eyes shot open. "I'm crazy about you. Can't you see that?"

"I thought you liked Chelsy?" I asked.

"Chelsy? God no, she's crazy. What makes you think i'd like her?"

"She's pretty." I stated simply.

"You're beautiful and don't even know it. Lauren, I can't even describe this feeling I get when i'm with you. It's like I can't control anything anymore. All I want is you."

"Is this your horrible way of asking me out?" I said with a smirk.

"Yes. God, I'm terrible at this kind of stuff." He said shyly.

I cupped his face.

"Don't be shy."

"Does that mean you say yes?"

"Of course I will." I said then kissed his cheek.

"Damn look at me. We've only been dating for 30 seconds and i've already got you in bed."