Dont i love you

The next day at work, I told Chelsy what happened.

"No shit. He's a dick anyways." She said, then picked up a file. "So how are you coping with Mr. Hottie?"

"He hasn't called me yet." I said and shrugged.

"Hello, beautiful." Garrett said from behind me. I turned and smiled.

"Good morning. How's the first day going?" I asked politely.

"It's wonderful, but it would be even more wonderful if you would accompany me to Noodles and Company for lunch."

"Well I'd love to!" I said with a smile.

"Alright then, meet me in Chris' office at 12:30." He said then walked away.

"Well you just scored a date with Mr. Hottie. I'm dying to know if he's good in bed. Wanna find out for me?" She winked.

I laughed. "No thanks, Chels. Is Derek good?"

"I don't know." She sighed. "He's holding out on me."

"It's not that big of a deal." I reasoned.

"It is though."

"We'll talk about this later." I looked at the folder. "Peter Graylic."

------

Garrett pulled out my chair at Noodles and I smiled. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." He smiled. "So tell me about yourself."

"Me?" I laughed. "Well, I'm 24, I'm originally from Texas. Houston to be exact, but I've been here for about five years. I love it. And my favorite color is green."

"Tough act to follow." He joked and I laughed. "I'm 27, originally from the land of Guidos. Sometimes I miss it, only because of the beach, but Indiana was cool. My favorite color happens to be yellow."

"Oh my gosh, I miss the beach too. Lake Michigan stinks." I laughed.

"Yeah, It doesn't have the salty ocean smell."

"Tell me about it." I sipped my drink. "So why were you in Indiana?"

"I have family there and it had more opportunities than Jersey did."

"Well that's good then."

"Yeah, and transferring here was the best decision ever. It brought me to you." He said with a smile.

"Garrett!" I said as my face turned into a tomato.

"It's true."

The doorbell chimed and in walked Darcy. I just hope she doesn't see us.

"Lauren, hey." She said with a fake smile. 

"Darcy." I said as I started eating my spaghetti.

"Hello, I'm Darcy. Wanna ditch this loser and go somewhere more private?" She asked Garrett.

So subtle, Darc. Now go away.

"Excuse you? I don't know who you are, and why I would ever want to ditch my date for you is beyond me. I think you should leave." He said and grabbed my hand.

"Uh, i'm prettier." She said matter-of-factly.

"No you're not."

The smile dropped off of her dace and she glared at me. I had finally won, and it felt great.

"Now, leave us alone, alright?" He said.

Darcy went to stand in line, but her eyes were still on us. Even as we stood up, I felt her creepy little eyes on me.

"She wants a show? Watch this." Garrett said and kissed me. I swear my insides melted away as his hand gripped my waist and - slightly- pulled me closer.

I pulled away and smiled at him.

"Very convincing." I said as we walked out the door.

"Oh, I wasn't acting." He said and kissed me again.

Could this get any more perfect?

------

"He's an amazing kisser." I gushed to Chelsy as I got back.

"Yeah? Do you know when you're going to sleep with him yet?"

"When he's ready, Chels. I mean, I don't want to rush him." I said, playing along.

"I bet he wants you just as much." She smiled. "You can see it in his eyes." She sighed. "Those big beautiful green eyes."

"Hey! Watch it." I said with a laugh. "So tell me about Derek."

She looked thoughtful for a moment.

"Where do I start? He's amazing, not like any of the other guys i've dated. He's in a band." I stopped her there.

"What band?"

"Some alternative band about a parade on may day."

My heart stopped. No freaking way is she dating the lead singer of my favorite band!

"Mayday Parade." I stated flatly. "You are dating Derek Sanders from Mayday Parade?! How did you meet him? Want to switch?!"

"You know him?" She asked quizzically.

"He's only my favorite singer ever."

"Calm down. Wanna have dinner with us tomorrow night?" She asked calmly.

"Sure, I'll just ask Ax--Garrett to go with me." I smiled but she raised her eyebrow. "Now tell me how you met Derek!"

"He was playing at the House of Blues on saturday, and I ran into him when I was on my way back from Neo." She laughed. "He's so funny. He used a pick up line on me. 'Hey guuuurl, does your momma let you date.' Ah, I almost died."

"Wow, I never thought he would actually use that one..."

She raised her eyebrow again. "Stalker?"

"Intense fangirl." I said with a shrug.

She handed me a file. "Last one for the day, then go home and sleep. You look like shit." She said with a smile.

"wow, don't I love you." I rolled my eyes. "Francene Bullock."