Head over heels

I woke up as my alarm sounded. Rolling over, I knocked straight into Axel's body, sending him to the floor with a loud thud. Paying no attention to him, I hit the dismiss button on my phone to shut the damn alarm off. I rolled back over and snuggled deeper into my sheets. It's too cold to get out of bed this early. 

"No, i'm fine really. Just a minor concussion." Axel said with his voice laced with sarcasm as he climbed back onto the bed. Too bad I don't care.

"You have to be at work too, ya know." I mumbled. "Think of it as my personal wake up call for you." I said as I flung the comforter off my body and let the cool air hit it like a freight train. 

"Not as early as you." He shot back as he closed his eyes again. 

"You know you have your own house, right?" I said and then sighed. What's the point of talking to him? "Are you just going to stay here while I leave?"

"mhmm." 

I sighed again. Prick. "Fine, just feed Jet and lock up." I said as I grabbed clothes and skipped into the bathroom to get ready for work. Lord knows it's going to be a weird one already. I'll have to see Garrett and then go out, as friends, with Axel. I really need to get my shit together... and fast.

-------

"Morning, El." Chelsy said cheerfully as I walked through the doors. I know she'd be disappointed in me if I told her what was happening. She was totally team Garrett.

"Do you have coffee?" I asked desperately knowing that I completely took longer than expected and couldn't stop at Starbucks. 

She smiled widely. "Yeap!!" She held out a cup to me. "Just the way you like it. So tell me everything!" She gushed as she almost forced me into sitting down. I knew it was wrong and I can't lie to my best friend...

"Well, Axel stayed with me after Garrett came over. He was so sweet, Chels. Like honestly, soup and everything, it was great. I fell asleep because he got into bed with me and I couldn't help it. I had the weirdest dream though --"

"Lauren Samuels!!" 

Both Chelsy and I whipped our heads towards the screeching voice. Oh lord help me, I'm not ready for this. Standing in the doorway to the hospital clinic was Darcy and Samantha. Their arms were crossed over their chests and they were fuming. This should be interesting...

"Yeah?" I replied nonchalantly. 

"Where in the hell is Axel?" Sam demanded. 

"You're assuming I know where he is because...."

"Oh come on. Don't be a bitch, Loser Lauren. I know you still like him but he's mine!" She yelled. 

"Calm down, Queen Bee." Chelsy spat at her. How dare she come in here and disrupt the clinic. "She doesn't know where he is so just shut up. We do have patients here."

"Don't you dare tell her to shut up! This is important." Darcy defended. 

"What's going on here?" Garrett said as he walked through the doors. His eyes looked towards Sam and Darcy then came to rest on me as a smile formed on his perfect lips. "Morning, Lauren." 

I smiled as my cheeks blushed. "Morning." 

Suddenly i'm feeling guilty. I should have stopped Axel from kissing me last night. It wasn't fair to Garrett. Plus I really liked him. From now on, it's all about Garrett.

"Ah, Miss Stevenson right?" Garrett asked and she nodded like an obedient puppy. "Why are you yelling at Lauren?"

"She stole Axel!" She screamed. Oh God.