Let me move on

I had made it home by eight, and Chelsy was right. I looked like shit. So I turned up my heating blanket, made some hot cocoa, and turned on the tv.
There was a rerun of The Cosby Show on. God how I missed it. I mean, Bill Cosby and his freaking amazing sweaters and his humor? Priceless. The crap the play on TV today is disgusting. Sixteen and Pregnant? Honey, when I was sixteen I was more interested in sports, not sex, and thats saying something.

"And people are starting to question our generation." I said aloud.

No one responded, which is just like it should have been. Yet somehow, it made me feel all alone in this house. And that thought darkened my mood from happy to lonely.

"I need to get a cat or something." 

"I hope you fall into the ocean
and the current leaves you helpless swimming around
as the waves crash over you until you drown and
we'll hold a funeral for nothing
and celebrate how empty love can be broken
it takes the sea to put you six feet happily underground."

That was my ringtone, well, that one was solely Axel's. I wonder why he's be calling me? We broke up. Ugh, boys.

I snuggled into my warm blanket and closed my eyes. I was suddenly on the beach tanning in Texas.

-----

Someone was banging on my front door as I groggily got up from the couch. I quickly glanced at the clock. 10:37. Were people mad? Who would want to talk to me this late?

I walked to the door and opened it. I was suddenly face to face with Axel.

"Axel?" I asked sleepily as I let him into my house. I shivered. It was freezing out. 

"Why weren't you answering your phone? I tried calling you five time." He said as he followed me into the living room.

"Maybe you should take a hint." I said as I wrapped the blanket tighter around me.

"Lauren, stop being such a bitch."

That definitely woke me up.

"I think i'm very justified for my actions, Axel. It's not everyday I break up with guys because they forgot about me." I retorted coldly.

"I'm sorry about that--"

"Are you really? Where did you tell Sam you were going?" 

"You're assuming she's at my apartment." He stated.

"Am I wrong?"

He sighed.

"Exactly. So i'm done with your double standards about this and your mixed messages. You've moved on, so let me. Don't make things more awkward between us."

"Lauren, I don't want to lose you.." Axel said in a low voice.

"We can be friends, it's no big deal. You can even bring Sam along tomorrow. Chelsy, Derek, Garrett and I are going out to dinner. Come with us." I said happily.

He looked me in the eyes for about ten seconds. He was probably thinking that he didn't want to hurt me, but that's not going to stop him.

"Sure, I'll let Sam know."

I nodded. "Great. Meet us at the Skydeck tomorrow at seven." I said as I got up and walked to my front door, opening it for him. "See you, Ax." I said with a smile as the door closed on his surprised face.

Ax. I actually called him that in high school. He had told me everyone always called him Axel and it was annoying. So when I would tutor him and we'd talk, i'd always call him Ax, just so he could feel special.

I smacked my forehead. I forgot to even ask Garrett if he wanted to go. Ugh. If only I had his number.

"Don't listen to the voices in your head
listen to you heart."

I picked up my phone quickly. 

"Hello?"

"Hey You."

I giggled. I couldn't help it. 

"Hey Garrett, how are you?"

"I'm wonderful. Listen, I was just calling to see if you wanted to go to dinner with Chelsy, Derek and I. She asked me about it before I left today." He said.

"Oh sure! I was just thinking about that because she asked me, and I forgot that I didn't have your number."

"Well now you do. So how does 6:30 sound tomorrow?"

"It sounds wonderful. I can't wait." I replied.

"Good. Sweet dreams, Lauren."

"Goodnight, Garrett." I said and hung up.

Tomorrow was going to be good. I can't wait to see the look on both Axel and Garrett's face's when they see me.

"Mmm, this is going to be a good day." I said as I locked up and headed to bed for the night.