Your my past

"Holy."

"Fuck." Chelsy concluded.

"He is so sexy." I said as we eyed the new doctor.

He was tall and had a dark brown, almost black, hair color. It was cut short and spiked a little in the front. He has these gorgeous deep green eyes and he was built. You could tell he worked out daily. I think I just started to believe in love at first sight.

I was so busy looking at him, I didn't notice Chris walk over.

"Hey Chelsy, Lauren. This is Garrett, my replacement."

Chelsy smiled and kept it very professional as she said hello. And then there was me.

"Hey." I said shyly and started blushing. The affect this guy had on me was intense.

"Well hello beautiful." He said back in a low, scruffy voice. I think I just died.

"I have to go show him around a little more, but we should be back here around six." Chris said and led Garrett away.

"He so has the hots for you." Chelsy said as she looked at my flushed face. "I guess the feelings mutual." She giggled.

"You really think so?" I asked as I grabbed my patient's chart.

"Oh yeah. Come back out when you're done and we'll talk."

I nodded and looked at the name.

"Edna Williams." I called as a little old lady with white hair followed me back to the room. "Let's get started."

------

5:45 Perfect timing. I gathered my things and locked my office door before heading back to Chelsy's desk.

"Hey girly." She said as I plopped into the chair next to her.

"Hey." I replied as my phone went off.

A text? From Axel?

Lee, whats wrong? i want to talk this out. I have no idea what you were talking about @ the skydeck today. call me.

"Ugh. Oh no." I said as I read it again.

"What?" Chelsy asked and I showed her the text. She shrugged. "Just tell him."

Axel i told you. I get it. Get back with Sam. That's fine. I'm moving on too. You're not hurting me. And this way you don't have to pretend to like me.

I closed my phone and put it away.

"Come on give me a hug, i'm leaving!" Chris said as he walked into the room with Garrett following.

Chelsy hesitantly rose from her chair and hugged him quickly, then sat right back down.

I smiled and hugged him tight. 

"I'm really sorry, El. I never meant to hurt you." Chris said into my ear.

"I forgive you." I whispered back.

He released me and smiled.

"Do I get a hug?" Garrett said.

"What makes you think you're special enough?" I retorted before giving him a hug. His arms felt extremely nice as they embraced my body. Me gusta mucho.

He set me down, but kept an arm around my waist. It was marvelous. 

We locked up Chelsy's office then went out to the parking lot.

"Bye Chris. Good luck." I said as he walked to his car.

"See ya tomorrow, Laur!" Chelsy called as she winked and headed to her car. She was a great wing woman.

"So, Lauren, may I ask for your number?" Garrett asked.

"That wasn't subtle." I said and laughed. "Sure." I wrote it down on a piece of paper. "Call me anytime."

"Oh you can count on that." He said and kissed my cheek. "See you tomorrow, Laur."

I watched him walk away and leave. What a --

"Who was that?"

"God!" I screamed as I turned around and faced Axel.

I glared at him. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Trying to talk to my girlfriend." He said in a stern voice. Oh hell no.

"Sam's here?" I said then spun around looking for her.

"Stop it, Lauren. What's wrong with you?"

"Me? You went off with Sam and left me alone in your apartment. Then I see you in line with her at the Skydeck. Seriously, Axel, get it together." I said and started to walk to my car.

"And to get back at me you're flirting with that doctor?"

"Get back at you? Woah, there is no revenge. I'm perfectly content on moving on."

"Lauren, I don't like Sam!" He defended.

"Bullshit! If you didn't like her you would have noticed that I left. Hell, you should have known I was still there. You didn't even call." I said and crossed my arms over my chest.

"baby."

"Don't you dare pull out any pet names. We didn't even make it a day, Axel. A freaking day! That's good though, because I didn't get attached." I said and unlocked my car.

"I don't want to break up."

"Too late. You don't want me. Let's be honest here. You love Sam, Axel. You don't like me, and you never will. I'm loser Lauren and Sam's perfect. You don't have to explain it to me." 

He grabbed my hand. "But I don't want to. I want to fix this."

"Fine. On one condition. I get to ask one question and you have to tell me the God honest truth. And don't think you can lie and get away with it. Girls always have a way of finding out the truth."

He nodded. "Anything."

I looked up at his blue eyes and took a deep breath.

"Did you kiss her?"

He went rigid and gave himself away. A rueful smile appeared on my face.

"You guys have history." I said and opened my door. "Bye Axel."

Looking in my rear view mirror, I watched him get smaller and smaller, putting him further and further in the past.