I've always been yours

"Surprise!" Was what he said, with a huge grin plastered on to his perfect face. And boy, was it a surprise. I'm just really thankful that he didn't come any earlier, since I would have been in a compromising position with Axel. Even though I need to let Garrett know, I don't want him thinking that I cheated on him, because I would never stoop so low.

"Well yes it is." I said slowly, trying not to let my feelings be known through my words. "I thought you were working all week?" 

"I took the day off so I can be down here with you guys! Even doctors need to have fun too." He said and threw a wink my way. 

Nervously, I chuckled and looked at Axel. He was still standing there with his jaw clenched as he glared at the water. I felt kind of bad, but it's not like i'd do anything while I was still with Garrett. Sure I told him I was thinking about going back but that's just it. I hadn't made up my mind yet. Of course I knew i'd be welcomed back home, but Garrett has been such a big part of my life, I don't know if I'm giving up too soon...

A splash of water hit my face, causing me to come out of my thoughts and glare and the grinning man to the left of me. 

"Awe come on babe, don't be like that." He said and pulled me father into him. "I bet I can make you scream." He said in a husky voice. 

My mouth was opening and closing while I tried to get something out. I could not believe he said that in front of Axel. I probably looked like a freaking fish with the movements my lips were making. As if to prove his point, Garrett kicked my legs out from under me, causing me to slip under the water. 

"Garrett!" I yelled once I resurfaced. 

The prick was actually laughing so hard his face was beet red. I crossed my arms over my chest and scowled. 

"T-told you i'd get you to scream." He said before laughing some more. 

"Did you think that was funny?" I asked Axel as I heard his choked laughter behind me. 

"Of course. You looked like a drowned dog when you resurfaced." He replied. 

Huffing, I swam in to the beach and got out. I bent over slightly throwing my brown hair dangle for a second before whipping my head up and getting some water out. Then I proceeded to walk over to where Chelsy was and sat on my towel. 

"What's wrong with you, sassy?" She said as she opened her left eye. 

"Garrett showed up and dunked me." I said and laid down. Now I just wanted to tan and think about the ways I would let Garrett know it just wasn't working out. 

There would always be a part of me that will miss him. He wasn't a bad boyfriend at all. Just not as attentive as he should be. Of course that just means that he was a great doctor, which he is. Caring for his patients and their wellbeing is something I admired so much, but I just couldn't live like that anymore. 

"Hey Chels, uh, would you be mad if we cut this trip a bit short?" I asked tentatively. Maybe waiting to tell Garrett wasn't a good idea. I could tell him today while we walk down the beach. 

"I'd be pissed." She said and cracked her eye open again. "Unless it was for a good reason. Then i'd let you live." She said and closed her eyes again. 

"Lauren!" I looked up to see the two guys walking towards me. Suddenly my nerves got the best of me. He's going to hate me, he really is. Oh God. I tried to force a smile as they came closer. "Babe, let's go for a walk." Garrett said and grabbed my hand. 

Leaving a confused looking Chelsy and a brooding Axel, we walked south along the beach. How was I supposed to just... end things? Garrett has always been supportive and when we went out we had the best of times. Oh Jesus he's going to absolutely go mental and i'll need to get my stuff and get out.