46 | Next Level Unlocked

"You can't just switch sides, Shouto. That's insane!" I'm shocked to hear what he just said. Shouto wants to become a villain?

"Why not? You did it." He said seriously.

"No! Hey! That's... you're not wrong. But it's different for you. Your father is the No. 1 hero." I shot back. Anger briefly flashed across his face before he composed himself again.

"I'll let this one go because I missed you. And your father was a raging lunatic." I stifled a laugh.

"Was that humor? Did you just make a joke?"

"Joke? What's that? I only know the dark depth of despair." He replies with a hopeless smile.

"Oh my gosh, you've been hanging out with Tokoyami too much." Thinking about my old class and old times gives me a sad but happy feeling.

"Shh, someone's coming." I shush him as a knock raps on the door.

"Shiki." Shouto grabs ahold of my shirt. I can see the worry written all over his face.

The door creaks open to reveal Chrono's white cloak and mask. Why am I not surprised it's him.

"It's time for another appointment." Chrono's uncaring tone brought chills to my bones. I send a quick glance at Shouto to make sure he didn't see me shudder. Pressing my lips together I smile tightly at him. Without meaning to my hand reaches for his in search of comfort.

"I'll be right back." I squeeze his hand more for my own sake than his. I can feel his eyes on me as I exited the room with the white-cloaked man.

"This time is special though, we want to show you how much we have been able to succeed with your valuable help." I'm being complimented?

Chrono leads me through a different set of hallways. Finally, we come to a room with a glass one-way mirror glass wall and a scruffy man on the other side whom I assume is a test subject. He's tied to a chair so he doesn't seem to have volunteered.

"Without the use of All For One we could have never been able to get this far. Even though the effects only last a little while before the host dies, it's a great milestone in our research." Overhaul praises.

I watch in fascination as the Healer, Sanso enters the room on the other side of the glass. In his hand is a syringe full of clear liquid. It could have been a normal saline solution for all I could tell. That's not what it is though. Of course not.

My fascination turns to horror as Sanso finishes injecting the helpless man with the trial drug.

"No don't advert your eyes Miss No. 1 Villain. You'll want to see this." Overhaul instructs me.

The man's naturally weak quirk begins to cause spasms throughout his body. The quirk, wind manipulation, causes a tornado of air to swirl around and around.

Astonished rounds of applauding come from the onlookers behind me. As far as anyone can tell the trial run is a success. The drug is a success!

So this means they might let me free now. They don't need All For One anymore and Overhaul promised he'd let me go when they finished.

The applaud died down eerily. Gasps and sounds of displease hushed the room into silence as we watched. On the other side of the glass, the wind hadn't died down. It got stronger by the second instead. That's fine, who wouldn't want an ever-growing strong quirk?

No one. That's the answer.

The wind keeps getting stronger and stronger. The man is in the eye of the tornado. His clothing and skin are being ripped to shreds with no remorse. The tornado turns blood red.