37 | Free, But At What Cost?

(A/N)

I'd like to apologize beforehand for this chapter.

I'm sorry.

Not.

Enjoy.

The skin on my knuckles splits blissfully.

For about the twentieth time since arriving I bang on the basement door. In an attempt to get anyone at all to come down here.

The more I wait down here the more upset I am. Locked up in a dark room? What am I supposed to do except over-analyze the last events that happened at camp? I'm driving myself insane thinking of ways I could have prevented Shouto from finding out my secret.

In my rage, I shout rude things to Tomura, Dabi and the other villains. If they are even up there. They all happen to be really really good at ignoring my catcalls. I assume this because I can hear the TV running the news channel from all the way down here.

I think someone just turned up the volume. That's rude.

"Did you really think you could betray me?" A deep voice resonated through the room. I yelped while jumping a foot in the air.

"Hey, guys I was joking! Open the door! I promise not to kill Tomura!" I basically scream through the wooden door.

"Shiki there's no reason to be scared. I've come here to give you an offer. One I'm sure you won't refuse" All For One said. His deep voice is calm and soothing, but knowing from experience, that only makes my pulse race harder.

"Why are you here? The only thing I want is for you to leave me alone." My body presses itself against the door, hoping that any second someone will open it and save me.

"I'm serious! I'm not crying wolf this time! Get down here before he kills me!" I scream again.

The man in the black suit and breathing apparatus steps up to me until I had to strain my neck to see his disfigured face. Not the best idea to piss off the most powerful villain ever.

It's just not a very good survival tactic.

"Your sister has a gift, very similar to you and your mother's quirk. May she Rest In Peace. My offer is to do just what you want. If you accept, you can walk out of this building and go free. You have my word."

I scoffed at him.

My breath cut itself off when All For One's gruesome potato face turned into an evil scowl.

"You didn't let me finish. The catch is the sister you only just met a month ago, will stay with me. Keep in mind that you know nothing about this woman, she is a complete stranger to you. You could be free. No more being a criminal. And the price is small. To be 'free', is what you want isn't it?" All For One got down on one knee.

He's right, I don't know her. I don't have a strong connection to her. It's not like I remember her all that well.

For once I feel like I have a choice. It's not being forced upon me to be a villain and to kill. I can go free and continue being a hero in training. I can be with Shouto.