25 | Killjoy

Summer break came sooner than I expected. The semester flew by so fast and now I'm just bored and sore. Due to having nothing to do All For One took it as his personal duty to train me about every day. It's been hell with him, but my quirkless body needs this. What did I even do before I started going to U.A? I can't remember.

Apparently, my classmates are spending the hot summer days at the school's lap pool. Over the past break, I've opened my phone to multiple group texts asking me to join them there. I never went. Not even if I'd see Todoroki did I want to go.

My phone buzzed in my pocket.

The cool wind brushed me from head to toe giving me momentary relief from the hot sun. I looked down at my screen.

Kuro:     Come to the bar. You're needed for something important.

My eyes rolled. I bet Tomura is just wanting me there so he can talk crap about me to my face.
It buzzed again.

Kuro:     I'm serious.

Fine fine I'll go! But if Tomura tries to turn me to dust because he 'forgot his quirk activates with five finger contact' then I'm leaving.

Kuro's portal showed up off to the left of me. At least he asked this time before he warped me off to someplace.

I'm still upset about the tracker that's in my neck. It's a serious violation of my privacy. Talk about Big Brother.

After I hesitated I stepped into my friend's portal. All I could see was blackness and with it came the uncomfortable feeling of being weightless.

Stepping through the other side I found myself in the bar. But instead of its normal drab color scheme, it is decorated in bright happy-I'm gonna vomit-colors.

Decorated? I've never seen anything on the walls of this place except for peeling paint and the ripped/scratched/knifed creepy posters of All Might.

Now the walls had a long sign that said;

H A P P Y  B I R T H D A Y!

No. No, it's not my birthday! I have no clue who's birthday it is either. I wracked my brain for an answer to all this madness but none came.

Randomly scattered balloons covered the hardwood blood-stained floor. Confetti looked like it was dumped carelessly on the bar top and everywhere else. Pre-maid cocktails and shots were placed strategically, most already empty, some had bits of metallic confetti in them.

Well, this place is a damn mess. It looks like I'm too late and the party has already happened. Best to go home now.

My mouth opened to claim my distaste but I never got to. A hand clamped over my mouth that stopped any sound from escaping.

"Nice of you to drop by" a husky voice whispered in my ear.

What the hell?!
I yelled for whoever it was to let me go but it came out as a muffled mumble instead. With no response from the person, I got ready and swung my arm forward and then back in full force.

My elbow made contact with the man's stomach. He let go of me, allowing me to breathe again.

"What—the—fuck?—Killjoy." The person wheezed and dry heaved.

I whipped around to see Dabi kneeling on the floor trying to intake air. He gripped his stomach with one hand and reached up for me with the other.

"I'll kill you—for that." His striking blue eyes flared up at me from the floor. If looks could kill. Nonchalantly I knocked his hand away from me.