[ CODE; 2.11 ] Prepare to fail if you failed to prepare

Excerpts from Rizal's journal :

------ day of the ------ year
Log :

Project Tala was an illegal biological experimentation process lead by Professor Bianca Hunters in attempts to recreate Arahabaki and Nakahara Chuuya.

As a spy sent by the government to observe and manipulate what is happening within the Port Mafia— as a doctor, I was directly involved within her experimentations.

The main test subject was anonymous. Only the head researcher knows who it is. We are currently undergoing experimentation with the first set up.

K-04061

~~~~~

------- day of the ------ year
Log:

The first process and injection towards test subject K-04061. So far the vitals haven't changed. Observations and blood pressure are normal.

I cannot shake the fact that these experiments were being being used on newborn babies. Or pre-developed infants.

I myself do not know where they are coming from. I know I must report this to the government immediately.

I've written this journal in my mother tongue. In order to hide suspicions I was a spy.

I will observe more of what is occurring. It seems to me that even the Port Mafia's boss, Ogai Mori does not have any idea of the experimentations happening in the basement.

This is all for my log today.

~~~~~~

It was silent. Inside the study of the infamous spy and medical practitioner Jose Rizal.

The middle aged man with graying hair was patiently sitting on one side of the table. A younger, purple haired male was seated on the other side. His ruby eyes glaring at the nonchalant older man.

"Kiyomizu Kaito-kun." Spoke the man now known as Dr. Jose Rizal. "I do not understand why you're acting so hostile towards me, I only wanted what's best for you and your sister."

"If the option was letting the most of Yukiko's friends die by letting them be consumed by a curse then the 'best' you wanted us to have clearly does not benefit either of us." Kaito snarled. From beside the older man's chair stood Fukunaga Katie— the raven haired girl whom flinched at the recollection of the previous event.

She bit her lip, forcing herself not to cry. She mustn't show weakness. She mustn't show how much she's in pain.

They continued chattering and talking amongst each other after Yukiko and Kiyomizu had left.

The air was tense and everyone was worried. Afterall, they just had someone kidnapped right in front of them.

Katie nervously fiddled with her fingers, a habit she developed ever since starting middleschool.

A warm hand landed on hers making her look up.

"If you're worried about Yukiko." Spoke Jay B, his gaze casted towards the window. "Don't be. She told us didn't she? She's strong. Yukiko will go back to us here."

The ravenette frowned. That's what not she's worried about.

She trusts Yukiko, she trusts in her strength. After all, she's the renowned Fukurodani debate society's Devil's Advocate.

And the fact that D-14185 is the strongest result of Bianca Hunters' experiments.

Katie did not notice how fast time passed by when someone knocked on the door of the building they were in.