[ CODE; 2.17 ] Who says we cannot dream while awake?

Warning: idek anymore lol, BSD manga spoilers ig?

The Shibuya and Decay of Angels Incident part 4

Kiyomizu Kaito does not dream.

His nights- alike his sister's, as some sort of a side effect from the notorious Bianca Hunters' experiments- remain a blank canvas of pitch black darkness with no meaning nor purpose.

The dreams that were supposed to color that canvas with deep philosophical meaning or just plain insights of an ambition lay colorless and blank. Like an artist suffering from a creativity block or a writer staring at the blank outline of their novel.

His sleep was a suffocatingly long trek of an endless and extended void with no absolute purpose, only to find himself waking up feeling as if he was being drowned and suffocated in muddy bubbles that rise up the surface. Trapping him motionless in his mind unable to do anything, unable to commit to anything.

To pertain his situation as of now, Kaito could deduce that the silence he and Yukiko were experiencing were as suffocating as the metaphor that lay in their awakening.

They now surveyed the stranded streets around Shibuya station, still within the curtain that keeps the regular people inside.

After the disappearance of the Goat Hog and Yukiko's breakdown, the girl just as quickly composed herself and retrieved her gun- after a few minutes of letting the firearm cool itself to the point that heat from the barrel is bearable- the female stuffed it back in its holster, proceeding to wordlessly ascend towards the place they agreed to meet with any other sorcerer- a place to go to if and only if someone attains an injury and is needed to be treated by Ieiri, or the plan backfired and they are needed to organize a completely different plan out of scratch.

A plan in which Dazai-Nakahara Yukiko is already devising in her head, as the alleged siblings proceeded.

Normally, Kaito would work in silence as this is rather- not new to him. But something about Yukiko being deathly quiet unnerves him as he can't rid of the sickening feeling in his stomach as the silence between the two of them prolonged.

Perhaps based on their previous interactions, Kaito somehow had gotten himself accustomed to Yukiko's angry rambling and complains. As well as her witty and sarcastic remarks as she spares him the time of a friendly sibling bickering he failed to experience in years prior to them even officially meeting.

Unable to cope with the prolonging and loud silence, Kaito decided to take matters into his own hands.

Shifting the spear from one hand to another, he took in a deep breath before he finally spoke.

Breaking the silence that could be cut through with a knife.

"I have a dream." He started as he matched his pace with the younger girl.

It seemed that he may have captured her attention as she tilted her head slightly in his direction.

"I want to run a coffeeshop."

Upon turning her head to look at him, Yukiko could observe the glimmer childlike glee in his eyes and a small yet noticable smile plastered on his face.

She remained silent, choosing to listen as the eighteen year old talk, oblivious to the slightest twitch on the corners of her lips.

"I love the smell of coffee." Kaito professed in his usual monotone voice, causing the statement to come out funnier than intention.

"I met Fyodor-san in a coffeeshop when I was running away from Hunters." He informed her of his fist meeting with the Russian man.

The very man whom influenced him to flee from the clutches of the demon like professor.