Bonus Chapter

My fist is shaking with rage when I stand in front of Dad inside his office

My fist is shaking with rage when I stand in front of Dad inside his office. He sighs, throwing me a look that tells me to calm down, even though I can see that he's angry too from the way his jaw tightens.

"That's nonsense." I'm seething, unable to control my emotions. I've never spoken like this to Dad, but today, I can't hold my anger. "Why can't we just expose everything about those bastards in the media? Especially that bitch who made Luna suffer. She's hiding behind this so-called investigation procedure."

"It's not that simple, you know it." Dad shut his eyes, and I know that he's cursing silently.

When he opens them again, I can see how tired he is because of this incident. We've done everything we could to make everyone responsible pay for what happened to Luna, but even when we control the biggest news and media company in the country, our effort to expose them back leads to nothing.

"What Rory did to Luna opened a way for the cops to further investigate the drug trafficking," Dad says. "Even the authorities are now working with the government in France. Exposing Rory will only harm the investigation process. It is compulsory that the names of any witnesses, anyone who reported this incident stay confidential."

I grit my teeth. That doesn't do any justice, whereas she practically trapped Luna, exposed false information about her, and degraded her in front of the entire world.

My hands are itching to destroy her. If she had the guts to destroy my sister, why can't we do the same to her?

"We are still pressing charges against her," Dad says. "But Rory's identity is still under protection."

I clench my fist tightly. I know about that, and it makes me even angrier. This is not fair.

"This is bigger than blackmailing, Aiden. The drug trafficking is bigger than that," Dad hisses, and I can see how frustrated he is, just like me. "We have to cooperate."

That's bullshit.

I can't just let this go after knowing how she bullied Luna in school, turning the whole school against her.

How she manipulated her and played with her feelings.

How she stomped Luna under her feet before almost destroying her and our family.

Dad's eyes soften as he realizes how this incident is eating me. "If you're worried about Luna, we know that Rory is now gone from that school. And the principal is fired. You made him fired, remember?"

"What happened to that bitch?" I'm aware that I haven't received the latest update about Rory, and maybe Dad has. Thank God I'm not his seven years old kid anymore, because he doesn't have to comment on my choice of language.

"She moved to a new school in Texas with her mother, while her father stays here to continue their business. They've paid a lawyer--"

"She what?" I shout in fury, my chest heaving up and down.