(𝗩𝗜𝗜)

"What the Fuck is he doing here?!" Honey exclaimed. River turned around and scowled at the sight of Max. Claire just looked extremely confused as she set the pot roast down at the middle of the table. "Listen guys we're good now okay. Max is chill" Ally tried to mediate the situation. River took a seat at the table, still glaring at Max with a scowl. It didn't seem to bother Max. Honey didn't take a seat, and she didn't seem very convinced.

River grabbed a plate from Claire's hands and reached for the spoon in the bowl of pot roast. "Guys can we just talk about Gossip Girl?" This seemed to bring Honey back to reality as she sat down at the table and repeated River's actions.

"Gossip Girl? I haven't heard those words in awhile" Claire chuckled. The four teenagers heads turned to Claire so fast that you would think their heads would fall off. They all began talking at once prompting Claire to interrupt them "HEY QUIET DOWN!" Claire shouted. The teenagers shut their mouths and Ally opened her mouth to ask her aunt the question they all wanted to ask. "You know about Gossip Girl?" Claire took this as a sign to sit down at the table. She filled her plate with food and decided to tell the teenagers about her time in high school.

"As you know me and you father went to Constance St Jude's, at a different times of course. He went almost a decade before me. I was friends with Blair Waldorf and she was often a subject of Gossip Girl. Eventually after we graduated it was discovered that Gossip Girl was Dan Humphrey. As you probably know the website was abandoned and Dan got over that annoying phase of his life. Now I'm assuming someone else took up the mantle?" Claire explained as she took a bite of pot roast.

"Yeah. Except it's not a website this time it's an Instagram account." Ally pulled out her phone and opened up Instagram. She pulled up Gossip Girls account and handed the phone over to her aunt. "Wait you were best friends with Blair Waldorf?" River asked, as if that was the most important question. "I said friends not best friends. We drifted apart by junior year." Claire said as she read Gossip Girls dramatic posts.

"Dan Humphrey was Gossip Girl? As in the famous novelist Dan Humphrey?" Max asked with furrowed brows. "Yes. I mean if you've read some of the posts on the website it's not that surprising. Gossip Girl was a very serious and poetic writer. So is Dan Humphrey." Max nodded. He seemed to understand. "It's gonna be hard to figure out who Gossip Girl even is." Claire said casually. Ally hadn't expected such a calm response from her aunt, it was surprising to say the least.

"Well we need to find a way. Because this is getting problematic." Honey replied, after a long sigh of annoyance. "I mean you can always trick her into thinking you're on her side. Blair did something similar at one point. This person is clearly taking notes from the Dan Humphrey notebook." Claire scooped herself some more pot roast and piled it on top of the old, unfinished pile. "Well it's to late for that. Julien's already done that. It's almost like they're best friends at this point." Max chuckled.

"We could give her tea about Julien." Hone suggested. "Well I'm gonna take that as my sign to leave." Claire said as she stood up from her seat and grabbed her plate. "What why?" Ally exclaimed. "It's high school drama. I'm not really interested in that. If you need anything I'll be upstairs taking a shower." Claire exited the dining room.

"Your aunt is hot!" River shouted. Ally had a look of disgust on her face and Max started uncontrollably laughing. Once he calmed down he opened his mouth to ask the group a question. "Juliens birthday party is soon. Are you guys going?" Max asked. "I'm not here to have small talk." Honey had a sarcastic smile on her face and stood up from her seat, leaving the dining room with a shake of head. "You know we're not on that guest list." River chuckled in response. "I can probably convince her." Max smirked.

Authors Note: this was definitely a filler chapter. I felt like writing but I also didn't really feel like watching a whole Gossip Girl episode so this chapter could sync with the show. The next chapter will definitely follow an episode of the show.