(𝗫)

Ally never liked hospitals. The annoying of beeping of the machines and monitors would echo in her head for months and even in quiet room the sounds would haunt her. Hospitals were also cold. Ally hated it. The bleak coldness of hospitals paired with the boring white walls made her insanely depressed. Most of the time she would just walk outside of the hospital and smoke, but that was years ago. Ally didn't smoke anymore which meant she didn't have an excuse to walk outside of the hospital and just wait anymore. If she did that now she'd probably just look creepy and borderline weird.

Ally sat in the terribly cushioned seat that was seated right next to the hospital bed her mom was laying in. Henry Crimson was sleeping soundly in a chair though he didn't look comfort at all. Claire Crimson was playing candy crush on her phone and was also asking the doctor's questions once every ten minutes.

River and Honey we're currently at school taking the PSAT's which Ally planned on making up the second her mom got out of the hospital. "Okay I'm gonna ask the doctors if there's any updates." Claire said as she clicked her phone off and left the room.

The doctors had said that Ally's mom had fainted from a combination of alcohol and stress and the also said that Vera's consistent drinking while on anti-anxiety pills overwhelmed her system and her mom should probably stay in the hospital for a couple of weeks and then enter a live in rehab program to deal with her alcoholism. The news was overwhelming to say the least.

Ally decided to go downstairs to get a coffee and a sandwich. Which led to her to run smack dab into Max Wolfe. "Oh hey." Max smirked. Ally sighed. "So what are you doing here?" Ally asked. "Audrey's mom is in the hospital. I'be just been checking in and also preventing her from getting sued for verbal harassment." Max chuckled. Ally laughed at the comment. She had been hearing the hospital gossip about the insane daughter who couldn't stop yelling at the nurses but she didn't know it was Audrey. "What about you?" Max asked. "My mom is in the hospital. I guess she almost drank herself to death." Ally laughed but the laugh wasn't very convincing to Max.

"I'm sorry" Max simply replied. "It's okay. It was gonna happen at some point I guess. By the way I wanted to ask... what happened between you and River at Hulaween?" The question caused Max to sigh and he thought for a moment on how he should word his next sentence. "I had something going on with Rafa. One of the teachers at St. Judes. River wanted me to stop because of you but I guess I was just so blinded by Rafa that I ignored him. Then I found out that Rafa tends to fuck his students so I was done with that pretty quickly. But now he went to Gossip Girl and told her I have an STI and everyone's acting like I'm a walking STI." Max said.

Ally was shocked. She was surprisingly not mad at Max or River. A teacher essentially manipulated him and now Max is paying the price. And River just wanted to protect her. The old Ally would've been furious and never spoken to Max or River again, but the new Ally knew that that wasn't the greatest way to approach the situation nor was it the right way to feel.

"I get it. Trust me. I hooked up with many people before I left New York. Some of them were definitely over 18 and I didn't know the difference between someone actually being interested in me for who I am or just being interested in me because of my age." Ally said solemnly as she remembered her past mistakes that brought her so much regret. The statement shocked Max but it also made him feel understood. He felt like none of his friends actually understood how the situation was making him feel and how it affected him but Ally did. Despite Max's conflicting feelings about who to pursue now he was almost certain he wanted Ally. He wanted her more than anyone else in this moment.

"Do you wanna grab a bite? I know the hospital cafeteria isn't the definition of romantic but anything is romantic with you." Max smirked and he had a glint in his eye that Ally loved. "Yea absolutely." She smiled.

"So I'm assuming you've been here for a couple of days. When are you planning on getting out of the hospital? You missed the PSAT'S." Max stated as the two of them entered the cafeteria. "Well I'm planning on going to that housing is a human right protest, I know my mom would've wanted me to go. She really loves politics and protests." Ally replied. Max nodded in agreement. Ally reached for a turkey sandwich's and Max grabbed a salad. Once they got their utensils they took a seat at a table for two.

"Listen Max. Things have been so complicated between us and I'm just so sick of it. I wanted to get some things off my-" Ally was interrupted by the sound of a notification coming from Max's phone. "I should probably get that." Max said as he took a bite from his salad. This prompted Ally to take a bite from her sandwich before she confessed her feelings for Max and asked him out on a proper date. "Audreys inviting me to dinner tonight with Aki." Max frowned. Deep down he knew exactly what this dinner meant. And even thought he was almost certain he wanted Ally, he also wanted to test the waters between himself, Audrey, and Aki. He also had a feeling that Ally was definitely about to confess her feelings for him which meant there was only one thing he could do.

"Oh" Ally replied, her voice indicated sadness. It didn't go unnoticed by Max. "I should probably go and get Audrey. But thank you for the appetizer I guess." Max chuckled with uncertainty. Ally nodded and waved goodbye to Max. They couldn't even get through Dinner without someone interrupting. All Ally could think about was how frustrating this all was. She was just about done with Max's consistent ditching and it was even more frustrating because she knew exactly what this dinner meant.

River and Honey had filled her in on something Aki had told them. Max was endlessly flirting with Aki and he hooked up with Audrey. Which only meant one thing for that "dinner" it wasn't a thank you dinner it was an invitation to a casual hookup. Ally decided that if Max couldn't make up his mind then she was gonna give him the same treatment. Ally opened her contacts and clicked on a name that she hadn't heard in awhile.

Ally: Are you in New York?

Ally: I want to see you. I miss you

Carter: I flew in yesterday for a business thing. I'll send you the address to my hotel if you're interested.

Ally: Perfect

Ally didn't even think of the consequences; all she knew was that she most likely wasn't gonna make it to the protest.

_______

"So you want us to take pictures of you and the infamous playboy Carter Baizen kissing and then you want to send it to gossip girl?" River exclaimed. Ally nodded. "That's crazy and I love it. Make Max jealous, plus Audrey would probably be jealous too. Carter is still so gorgeous everyone wants to get with him." Honey smirked. "We used to be casual hookups and then I moved away and it was over with. He's good too." Ally grinned. "Okay we'll stand across the street and take multiple pictures." River said.

Ally knew that she should probably be at the hospital with her family, but her Aunt and her dad urged her to leave and assured her that everything would be okay. Carter Baizen exited out of the hotel doors and turned towards his right making eye contact with Ally Crimson.

He walked towards her with a smirk. "God I haven't seen you in years." He smirked. "I guess you could say I've been busy with better men." Ally smiled. "Oh I can change that." He replied. Carter leaned towards Ally and the two kissed, it soon turned into a passionate kiss and Carter wrapped his left hand around her throat. He stopped kissing her and his lips grazed her cheek until he was whispering in her ear "let's go to my room" Ally nodded and the two entered the hotel. Ally hoped that this plan worked in her favor.

"I got the pictures." River turned towards Honey. River clicked on the pictures he wanted to send. The first picture was of Carter walking towards Ally, the second was of Carter and Ally kissing with his hand wrapped around her throat, the third was him whispering in her ear, and the fourth was of her following him into the hotel. "Gossip Girl is going to have a field day with this" Honey said excitedly.

Authors Note: this chapter takes place during episode 6 of season one. This one was definitely short but it's also late and I kind of wanted to end it on a cliffhanger. If you haven't seen the original Gossip Girl then you probably won't know who Carter Baizen is. Carter Baizen was an antagonist in the original series who was played by Sebastian Stan. He was only in seven episodes but he was an interesting character so I thought I could include him for old times sake. If you haven't seen the original Gossip Girl that's perfectly fine. Carter Baizen is a completely different character than the Carter from the flashbacks. Carter Baizen isn't going to be a consistent character in this story this is probably going to be his only appearance.