(𝗫𝗜𝗜𝗜)

Thanksgiving was the next day and everyone was scrambling to prepare. In the upper east side Thanksgiving was more of a social event than a time for family gathering.

Vera Crimson was sent to rehab just a couple of days ago and the Crimson family didn't make an excuse like they did with Robbie. Vera was the one that wanted people to know, and she had no shame about it. Henry Crimson was incredibly busy at work and told his sister and daughter that Thanksgiving most likely wouldn't be happening this year. Thankfully Ally already had a plan.

"Zoya actually invited me over. It's an open house. You guys can come too I'm assuming" Ally replied to her fathers news joyfully. Claire perked up and she had a smile on face showing just how excited she was about the news. "It's not like I have anywhere else to go. I haven't celebrated Thanksgiving in years this is exciting" Henry chuckled at his sisters statement. "I'll try to make it. I have a huge case right now so I might not be able to make it" Henry replied as he took a bite of the spaghetti that Claire had made. "Well I'll definitely be there" Claire smiled. Ally nodded and pulled out her phone to text Zoya. She wanted to make sure it was 100% okay for Claire to come.

Thankfully Zoya said it was perfect and Ally gave her aunt a thumbs up to let her know she was welcome. The Crimson families lunch was cut short when Henry got a work call and excused himself from the table. Once Henry walked away Ally decided to bring up her visit to her brother. "I visited Robbie a couple days ago" Ally blurted. Claire gasped and put her hand over her heart, it was clear that she wasn't surprised. "I had a feeling you did. You had this look on your face when you left the hospital room. Did the conversation about Robbie convince you to go?" Ally nodded in response. "I think it did. It helped a lot. Visiting him also helped. I mean it was a little depressing but afterwards I physically heaved a sigh of relief." Claire nodded with a smile. She knew the feeling Ally was describing all too well.

Henry returned to the dining room signaling the end of Claire and Ally's conversation. Henry had a look of stress on his face. His eyebrows were furrowed and he had his laptop in his hand. He took his seat and opened up his laptop and began typing away. Completely ignoring his spaghetti that was most likely cold at this point. "You're seriously working right now?" Claire exclaimed. Henry ignored her question and continued typing away on his computer. Ally quickly removed herself from the table and rinsed her plate off in the sink. "I'm going shopping. I need a Thanksgiving outfit." Claire perked up at Ally's comment "I'm coming with you. None of the clothes I brought with me scream fancy Thanksgiving dinner" Claire gleamed. Ally chuckled at her aunts statement. The Lott family most likely wasn't throwing a super fancy Thanksgiving dinner but she understood her aunts need for a better outfit.

_____

Claire and Ally roamed the department stores endless racks and scoured the shelves for the perfect pair of shoes. Ally paused her searching to check the Gossip Girl Instagram account. She was relieved to see that nothing new was posted. "Gossip Girl is taking a break?" Claire asked. "How do you know literally everything?" Ally chuckled. "You're very bad at hiding things" Claire responded. "Yeah Gossip Girl said she wants a quiet Thanksgiving. But I don't believe that one bit. Plus she posted that she has some crazy gossip that she's posting tomorrow night and it's stressing me out." Ally replied. Claire nodded. She understood the fear of Gossip Girl. She experienced the same thing many years back. "Dan Humphrey never posted on Thanksgiving. If I were you I wouldn't worry about it. This Gossip Girl is probably following in the same footsteps" Claire reassured.

"You know sometimes I question if Dan Humphrey is also the new Gossip Girl" Ally said as she skimmed through the racks. Claire laughed at the comment. It was more like a howl. "What?" Ally grinned. "Dan Humphrey is a published author. He's also a married man and is incredibly busy. He doesn't have time to post drama from his old high school. Besides he's probably matured a lot since high school. Gossip Girl is a very immature thing for someone to do. It's highly unlikely a grown man is Gossip Girl" Claire explained through her laughs. Ally thought about her aunts words. Ally had been thinking Miss. Keller was Gossip Girl for quite some time but had zero proof and honestly what her aunt had just explained made sense. It was incredibly immature for a grown adult to gossip about a bunch of teenagers. It was like every word about Gossip Girl that came out of someone's mouth just disproved Ally's theory. It was incredibly frustrating.