|Part 9: To Look Forward To.|

Hop's pov—

(y/n) was still asleep so I decided I'd get some fresh air outside for a while. After what I said yesterday and even what I did yesterday I was awfully embarrassed about it.

Good thinking Hop, telling (y/n) that you love her.

I clenched my fist a little, feeling those regretful thoughts go through my head. I tried to get rid of those thoughts by walking around and thinking of other things, I should return sooner when she wakes up.

—Your pov—

You woke up, you stretched a little shortly before getting up from your bed. Your hair was a bit of a mess, bed hair again from a good night's sleep.

You noticed Hop was gone this morning, usually he was waiting for you but it seemed now that he had disappeared.

"Bathroom?"
You questioned.

You knocked on the door, asking for Hop in case he was inside.

"Alright, I'm coming in."
You opened the door, covering your eyes.

But the bathroom was silent, no feeling of someone inside nor a sound.

You looked around the bathroom, there was no one in here too.

Where could he have gone.....???

You heard the keys to the front door, you saw a Pokémon come in. It was Hop's Raboot.

"Hello Raboot, what're you doing here?"
You questioned him.

Raboot looked mad, he pointed over outside and lead you somewhere.

You saw Hop sitting somewhere, his legs crossed as he seemed too embarrassed about something.

"Hop? What are you doing outside here?"
You questioned.

Hop looked startled to see you.

"O-Oh uhm.....! Just taking a breather or so."
Hop shrugged.

You leaned in towards Hop and placed your hand on his head. You gently head patted him.

"What are you doing?"
Hop questioned.

"I've always wanted to do this to you, and well it's a nice way of comfort."
You smiled.

Hop grabbed your hand, his face flushed a little.

"....Thank you...."
Hop mumbled.

You felt your heart race a little, it felt all warm inside and tingly. A happy kind of feeling.

Raboot came in between you two, he smacked Hop a little.

"Raboot....! Hop—"

"It's okay, I kind of deserve it a little. I told Raboot to smack me in case I did anything foolish."
Hop smiled nervously.

Hop stood up, he sent Raboot back into his pokeball.

Hop smacked himself using both his hands, he smiled.

"(y/n), let's have a Pokémon battle!"
Hop said.

"Why so sudden?"
You questioned.

"I just want a test of who's stronger, now let's go outside."
Hop said.

You walked outside with Hop, the two of you decided to have your battle outside the hotel and near the Pokémon gym.

The two of you had a battle, but as usual you won the battle.

"Damn it, and here I thought I've been training hard enough to beat you in a battle....! Now I feel disappointed."
Hop frowned.

Has Hop always been that person who cared too much about winning.....? I thought he always battled with me for fun and how he never cared about neither winning or losing.

"There's always another chance Hop, I'm sure you'll win next time."
You reassured him.

"Yeah, I'm sure too."
Hop slightly smiled.

"Hey (y/n), I'm going to challenge the gym right now. Let's meet up if you decide to challenge the gym too, soon after that."
Hop said as he ran off to challenge the fire type gym leader.

Hop seems to be acting strange these days....

You felt some strange feeling, but you didn't pay it no attention.

You went into the gym to challenge the gym yourself too, you changed into your gym uniform and went on.

———————————————————————————

By the time you finished the challenge, you fought against Kabu. You won the battle and rewarded with the gym badge.

"I never thought I'd be defeated by another until now. Most people who have attempted the gym challenge and end up losing give up completely on the challenge. You and the small Leon.... No, Hop were strong. Training really helped you out. You two both seem to also have a strong friendship."
Kabu smiled.

You shook hands with Kabu and thanked him for the battle, you ran out of the gym and met up with Hop again.

"Hop....! Hey!"
You waved towards him with a smile.

Hop looked over your direction and waved.

"Hey (y/n), you don't mind if I ask for another Pokémon battle right?"
Hop questioned.

"No, not at all."
You nodded.

Another battle huh? I guess I'll let him win this one, I'll make sure I don't get caught doing so either.

You battled with Hop, this time instead of you winning you decided to go easy on him and let him win.

"I won......? I really won....??? Have I gotten stronger? I don't know what to say I....."
Hop trembled, he seemed to be shaking a little.

He walked up to you and hugged you.

"I feel proud..."
Hop said.

This is bad, I don't like lying to him....

Soon enough the two of you left Motostoke.

"Hey (y/n), we're close to our journey to Hammerlock and the remaining gyms. Are you ready....??"
Hop questioned.

"Read-"

"Ready? I think not."
A familiar voice said.

You saw Bede appear, he crossed his arms and looked at you both with a smirk.

"It's you.... What do you want?"
Hop questioned.

"Just to fight my rival here, (y/n)."
Bede looked over at you.

"No way....! Don't ruin our adventure, (y/n) you go in ahead I'll catch up with you in Hammerlock. It's time to teach this rude guy a lesson!"
Hop said.

"Are you sure?"
You questioned.

"Of course, I'm always with you."
Hop nodded.

You went on ahead, leaving both Bede and Hop. You weren't sure why Bede would want to battle you there but it seemed Hop took your place.

—Hop's pov—

"You must really like her, don't you?"
The white haired boy asked.

My eyes widened, I was surprised he would see it in me.

"I don't....!"
I yelled.

"Fool, only an idiot goes to deny their feelings for someone else."
He smirked.

Focus Hop, nows not your time to talk about feelings.... I have to defeat him in this battle!

—Your pov—

You sat down by a park, waiting for Hop to arrive but it seemed that Pokémon battle would end up taking a long time.