|Part 18 Acceptance.|

"Nice to meet you neighbor...!"
She smiled, grabbing onto my hands.

I quickly moved my hands away, feeling a little nervous.

My face flushed a little, part of me regretted why I even moved my hand away from her and was so cold and distant. I was just nervous on making a new friend.

"Hey Hopkins, what's your opinion on the new neighbors?"
Mum asked.

"They're alright I guess."
I said.

Before those two, I had other neighbors. I had a neighbor named Henry who I had talked to on a daily basis. Henry and I were good friends, and he often talked about taking the gym challenge when he grew up. He also liked Leon as much as I did, feeling jealous that I was the younger brother of his.

I remember I'd sit down somewhere outside of my house and play with Wooloo, we had a small neighborhood in Postwick but expanded to Wedgehurst as well.

"What are you doing, neighbor?"
She'd ask me with a curious look on her face.

I looked up at her, she had a cute face and chubby cheeks.

"Nothing much, just playing with Wooloo here."
My voice sounded so cold to her, yet I didn't mean to be rude.

"Can I play with you two??"
She'd ask.

I silently nodded.

She sat down with me, she talked about how she used to be from a different region before coming here. What was it? Kanto? Johto? Hoenn? Sinnoh? Unova? Kalos? Alola?

I was from Galar.

She'd talk about me for things on and on, I always thought she talked too much but soon I found myself actually listening to her at some point.

"Hey, you're not hanging out with me because I'm Leon's younger brother.... Are you?"
I asked one day.

A question I didn't want to ask, though I did anyways. I was curious what her opinion was on me, maybe it'd change after I asked this question. A lot of the towns people knew me as only "Leon's younger brother" the title I'd have from everyone and would often get asked questions nothing that had to do with me and always had to do with Lee, it was annoying to deal with even though I liked Lee.

"Huh? You're not him."
She said.

My eyes widened.

"You're not going to bombard me with any questions of Lee are you....?"
I asked.

"I hang out with you because I think you're cool, and I'd like to get to know my neighbor more. I want to be your friend, I don't care if your brother is Leon or whatever I think you're pretty nice and cute too!"
She'd giggle.

My face flushed, I tried to bury my face in Wooloo's fur.

How am I supposed to react to this....??? Dear Arceus.

"....Do you... Really mean that....?"
I questioned, as I still hid my face.

I felt warm hands grab mine, they were small. These were her hands.

"Of course I do, why would I lie?"
She'd say.

I had opened up to (y/n), forever I thought I'd live as "Leon's younger brother" or "Leon's shadow" but she made me embrace that, as sooner or later I got used to it but knew I was my own person and not someone else's shadow.

Hop's pov—

I woke up, it was still early in the morning. I rubbed my head a little, there was another bed besides me. (y/n) was sleeping in the other bed. She seemed to pass out after we volunteered to help out Nurse Joy.

Guess she really was that tired.

I smiled a little, she was very energetic from when we helped and then was quick to just fall asleep.

I placed my hand over her head.

She's always made me feel happy, I love (y/n).

I let go of her before going back to sleep once again.

—Your pov—

You woke up and stretched out a little, you saw Hop asleep on the other bed.

Yesterday you both had helped out Nursejoy with caring for Pokémon. You remember seeing how gentle Hop was with Pokémon.

"Hey, (y/n) did you know that these specific Pokémon require...."

You remember Hop going on about information on Pokémon each time, his knowledge on them made you say something.

"Why don't you become a Pokémon professor?? I think I see you helping out Pokémon or working in this sort of field."
You told him.

Hop looked at you with surprise in his face.

"You really think so??"
Hop questioned.

"Of course, I'd be happy to support where you go from here. "
You nodded.

"Thanks (y/n), I'll support what you want to do too. Though, if you do become champion my only hope is that you don't end up being so busy that we would never have time."
Hop shrugged.

"So long as you're not as busy too."
You laughed.

Hop continued to pet the Pokémon, he would play around with them and help them out. Hop really was good with Pokémon, it wouldn't be surprising not to see him become a professor soon.

"Good morning!"
You heard Hop say.

You turned to see Hop stretching and waking up from his nap.

"You ready for our final gym??"
Hop asked.

You looked down, realizing that sooner or later your journey would come to an end. All was left was one gym and the championship finals.

"Yeah, what about you?"
You questioned.

"To be honest, I'm nervous actually. Facing my brother soon is something I wouldn't dream of doing but... I'll do whatever I can."
Hop nodded.

Hop grabbed your hands, he frowned and said.

"Thank you for being my rival (y/n), I know it's too early to say this but... Our journey was worth everything."
He'd smile afterwards.

The next gym would be Raihan, some people make it far to Raihan but aren't able to beat him due to how strong he was according to rumors. Some people even gave up on the gym challenge all together.

It was only up to you and Hop to beat him and move on to the championship.