|Part 19: A Challenge Proved.|

You walked over to your final gym, clenching your fist and feeling a droplet of sweat pour down your head. Though, before you could enter someone tall and familiar to you walked out with his arms crossed and his rotomphone floating up as usual.

"Well, if it isn't my favorite protagonist... I mean, my favorite trainer of course. I see you've made it here at last."
Raihan said with a smirk on his face as he pulled out a soda and started drinking one.

You nodded.

"I'm excited just thinking of battling, don't let me down though."
Raihan finished his soda quick enough.

"So, how's your relationship with little Leon doing, Hop that is."
Raihan asked.

"It's been great."
You smiled.

"I could tell, you seem a lot happier and less stressed out. Though, don't go rubbing your lovey dovey side towards me."
Raihan teased a little.

"Well, I'll be waiting in the gym if anything. Good luck, or well you probably won't need it since I'll be claiming that win."
Raihan shrugged and walked off.

You knew Raihan's antics, it was always to stir up a trainer before they'd begin their battle that they'd be too focused on their anger and then end up losing.

You walked into the gym, changing into your gym outfit but before you could enter, the receptionist took you outside and to the place you went with last time when you saw Sonia talk about the darkest day and Raihan.

Raihan was standing there with his arms crossed.

"Hey trainer! Welcome! I know this is a little different from your usual challenge but this is how things go. So... WELCOME to your final gym, I bet you're feeling pretty nervous huh? Good, and I'm glad you are. In this challenge, you'll be fighting these three trainers I picked out, each of them range from strong, stronger, and strongest. Good luck with your challenge, I'll be waiting right by here."
Raihan said as he stood by a corner and took his Rotomphone out.

You fought the trainers one by one, in the end they all proved to be quite a challenge.

"Good job, I admit I didn't expect you to defeat them so easily. Well, you know what this means."
Raihan clapped, he walked over to you and gestured you to come along with him.

"I'll give you a minute to prepare yourself, remembering that quitting is always an option."
Raihan walked off.

You grit your return and clenched your fist as you thought about what Raihan said throughly.

The AUDACITY OF THIS GUY....! WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS....???

You tried to not let it get to you, you felt a little nervous about this battle but before you knew it you received a text message.

You pulled out your Rotomphone and checked to see...

Hop: "I'm watching your battle, I'm wishing you good luck! Don't let Raihan get to you. YOU CAN DO THIS!"

You smiled to see Hop's message, it was sweet and encouraging.

"Thank you, I love you."

You typed out and sent before putting your phone away and walking towards the stadium. You faced Raihan in which he looked surprised to see you come out.

Did he really think I'd quit after making it so far?? Stupid old man.

The two of you began your battle, it was a little different from your other battles since Raihan had you battle in duos. You defeated his other Pokémon but the gigantamax seemed a lot hard.

It was back and forth with battling his Pokémon and switching out or healing. You finally managed to defeat him after that struggle, and when he was defeated he looked a little disappointed but then shrugged it off like nothing happened.

"Congrats trainer! Looks like you beat me fair and square. I'm impressed by the amount of training you did. Here's the last badge to take with you."
Raihan said as he handed you the badge but then moved away before you could take it.

"That is, if you can reach me of course."
Raihan teased.

You frowned, but he gave you his badge anyways. He took a picture of this as a momentum and soon enough you were dismissed. You went into the break room and changed back into your ordinary clothes.

You heard someone knock on the door.

"Hey, it's Raihan. Can I come in??"
Raihan asked.

"Sorry, I don't talk to losers."
You joked around.

Raihan walked in.

"Hey future champ, you made it. You know, I'd like to invite you and your little boyfriend over to some dinner tomorrow, my treat?"
Raihan asked.

"Are you still feeling sad after you lost—"

"IT'S NOT THAT, I thought you deserve it after winning. This means that you're going to be my future rival, I hope you know that. I'll get stronger so that we can have a rematch and battle again."
Raihan smirked.

Damn did he lose his ego all of a sudden?? Especially to someone younger than him??

"Wow you really did get your pride hurt didn't you??"
You said.

Raihan sighed.

He walked out of the room, standing by the door and saying his last words.

"Tomorrow, I'll be waiting."
Raihan waved.

You saw him walk off, you walked away too and exited to gym only to be hugged by someone.

"(Y/N) YOU DID GREAT....!"
Hop shouted.

You felt a smile form on your face.

"Thanks for you support hun."
You teased a little.

Hop laughed a little.

"Now we're off to the finals huh?? Thinking about facing Lee has been one of my biggest fears..."
Hop sighed.

"I'm sure he won't go hard on you now."
You reassured him.

"Oh yeah, did Raihan tell you about the dinner tomorrow??"
You questioned.

"He did, he somehow has my number."
Hop said.

"Well, the guy uses his phone all the time so what'd you expect. He's bound to have his ways."
You said.

"Hey (y/n), let's go get some rest now. After all Raihan is expecting us tomorrow, and we also have a journey awaiting us at Wyndon."
Hop said.

You nodded.

You thought about it, since you two would be heading to Wyndon and entering the finals then that means you would have to battle Hop at one point to see who moves on and ends up taking the champion title. It kind of worried you, but Hop is a changed person so it's unlikely that he'd get upset over you winning against him.

Or... Will he....??