|Part 10: The Sunshine That Disappeared That Day.|

{ Continuation of "To Look Forward To" }

You waited for Hop, seconds turning into minutes, then minutes now turning into hours. He was awfully late.

You watched some people have Pokémon battles, it was a little girl and a boy. They reminded you of when you were smaller, the little girl being a lot like you and the little boy like Hop.

You've been together with Hop for years now, you grew up together. And now you're on your journey with him too.

What Hop didn't know is that you had feelings for him that you always hid well enough.

Love can ruin something good, friendship.

"As you see here, we have a loner at the park. Let's go say hi to her."

A voice said, calling out how lonely you were just sitting on a bench. You saw the person come closer, his Rotomphone in his hand as he held it like if he were recording you.

"Hey! Don't go recording people without permission.....!"
You shouted.

"Relax, it's not even on. See."
The man showed you his phone, it was off.

"On a serious note, what are you doing here all alone?? Shouldn't you be challenging gyms or whatever you're doing?"
The man placed his hands in his pockets as he looked at you.

"I'm waiting for my friend."
You said.

"Waiting for them? Nah man, go on and continue your journey. They'll catch up eventually."
He sits with you as he crosses his arms.

"No way, we're rivals. We promised we'd go along our journeys together."
You frowned.

"You remind me of a certain someone, (y/n)'s your name right? Then your rival must be Leon Junior."
He smirked.

"He doesn't like going by Leon Junior or mini Leon, it's Hop."
You corrected him.

"I know, he's just adorable. The name's Raihan, you know me from the entrance ceremony. Can't wait to battle ya soon."
Raihan held his hand out to you.

You tried to reach for his hand but he was quick to move his hand away.

"Hah! Did I getcha there??? Works like a charm. Leon and I do this all the time."
Raihan laughed.

You pouted.

"Anyways, hope your rival comes. I gotta go, oh wait actually...."
Raihan turned, he handed his phone to you.

"Gimme your card will ya? I wanna keep in touch with you. I can sense something so special about you."
Raihan smiled.

"Okay."
You nodded.

You exchanged contact info with Raihan.
(Does any OG Pokémon players get flashbacks to Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal/Heart Gold/Soul Silver? I miss those games, I also missed when you can keep fighting the trainers again 😭)

"Sweet! I'll see you sometime soon."
Raihan waved goodbye.

Why is he kind of handsome......??

You nodded, you waited more for Hop to come. You checked your Rotomphone, it was already late.

You sighed, wondering what had happened to Hop.

"I'll wait for Hop in the next city, for now..."
You sent out your starter Pokémon who was already in their second evolution.

You traveled along the way, encountering some battles, items that fell from trainers bags, a fossil, and money you won along the way of battling.