|Part 21: Oath.|

You awoke to a nice smell, you rubbed your eyes and moved around only to find yourself being greeted by food.

"I'm so hungry..."
You smiled.

You saw Hop sitting there, food on the table but refusing to eat.

"Good morning (y/n), the hotel was kind enough to drop off food for us but... I think I'll pass... I feel awful."
Hop nodded off.

"Aww don't say that, mum prepared me medicine in case of emergencies like this one so... Drink up."
You took out some medicine and served some to Hop.

"Thanks (y/n), you're a life saver."
Hop smiled.

He took the medicine and relaxed for a while.

"Hey (y/n), do you wanna go out and have some fun? Wyndon is a huge place so I thought it'd be nice to explore around before we would claim titles as the champion."
Hop asked.

"Feeling better already??"
You questioned.

You shrugged.

"Guess I'll go."
You nodded.

Hop grabbed your arm.

"Cmon, there's so much to do!"
Hop pointed out.

"Wait...! At least lemme change out of my pajamas....!"
You frowned.

"Oh right, sorry."
Hop nodded.

You went back into your room and changed into some clothes of your suiting. You came back out of your room.

"Okay, now I'm—"

Hop was quick to grab your arm and drag you with him, he soon held your hand as you two walked around and exploded Wyndon.

"Hey Hop, look at that Ferris wheel ride."
You pointed out.

"Ferris wheel?? Yikes, I don't know about that one."
Hop nodded in a disagreeing manner.

"Cmon, don't tell me you're afraid of them."
You raised a brow.

You felt Hop trembling a little, attempting to keep his bravery up. You saw sweat come out of him.

"Me? Scared? Of course I'm not...!"
Hop said.

If anyone was as bad as lying, it'd be Hop because his face and body screamed "liar" by the way he was acting.

"Hop, let's go."
You said.

"O-Okay..."
Hop said.

You ordered two tickets for the Ferris wheel and encouraged Hop to come with you. He kept denying to go on, which further proved his fear of them. You never expected Hop to be afraid of Ferris wheels.

You got on a ride with Leon and when it started Hop began to panic.

"Hop, calm down...!"
You tried to calm him down a little.

Seeing him act this way was pretty funny, though scary too.

"You'll be safe I promise, as long as I'm here."
You smiled.

Hop hugged you, he trembled a little but stopped as soon as he was met by your comfort.

"Thanks (y/n), I feel a lot better with you. You know, this reminds me when I was a lot smaller I rode a Ferris wheel with Lee and he held on to me while I was scared. This brings back memories."
Hop smiled as he let go of you and stared out.

"I'm glad to be here with you."
Hop said.

You hugged Hop from behind.

"Hey, stop that you're tickling me."
Hop laughed a little.

"I'm glad to be here with you too Hop."
You nodded.

Once the ride finished, you got something to eat with Hop.

"Come to think of it, I haven't seen Bede in a while."
Hop said while chewing on his food.

Hop was correct, Bede had disappeared for quite a while.

"Wonder what happened to him, not like I'm curious to know since he could be such a jerk at points and then rub off how he knows the chairman and all."
Hop frowned.

"Last time I saw him, Opal took him."
You crossed your arms.

"You mean the old lady??"
Hop asked.

"She's seventeen Hop."
You corrected him.

Hop stared at you with a confused look.

"This also reminds me, I haven't seen Lee in a while either."
Hop frowned.

"You'll be seeing him tomorrow, well if all depends."
You nodded.

"You saying I'm gonna lose?? "
Hop raised a brow.

"Nope, but I'm saying I'm not gonna lose either. I won't go easy on you just because you're my boyfriend."
You smirked.

"Then.... I won't go easy on you too. My Pokémon and I have trained for this. I'd like to battle you now but I'll save it soon."
Hop smirked.

You both grabbed each other's hand and made a promise that you'd both not hold back against each other.

Hop let go and sighed.

"It's going to be hard really, but even if you win I won't hold anything against you. I'll be rooting for you. That doesn't mean I don't think I'll win either."
Hop smirked.

Hop stood up.

"Now let's go ride that Ferris wheel again, I gotta prove my bravery."
Hop smiled.

"Again???"
You raised a brow.

"Yeah, the day's almost over and we need to have some fun every now and then."
Hop nodded.

He held his hand out to you.

"Come on, let's get going. To some more fun!"
Hop shouted.

You held Hop's hand as you both went back to the Ferris wheel. The once fear in Hop turned into a more joyful one as he seemed to have fun.

Maybe it was you who helped him realize it wasn't so bad.

After the ride, you two went back to the hotel. Awaiting you two was dinner at home.

"And they were kind enough to leave us dinner too??? Come on, let's dig in!"
Hop smiled.

He dug into the food, eating as fast as he could.

"That was amazing...!"
Hop cheerfully said.

You smiled, you ate your food as well.

Hop took off his jacket and yawned.

"Hey (y/n), can you believe we're attempting the championship tomorrow?? It sounds like a dream but we'll be doing this tomorrow."
Hop nodded.

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow at the championship."
You nodded.

You headed to your room, thinking of everything that would transpire. This was going to be a huge battle as it would determine which one of you will end up as champion.