Chapter 5

"I don't understand." I stepped closer to Blanchard. "Who are you? What did you do to our crewmates? And most important of all, where the hell is my daughter? What did you do to her?"
I had so many questions, no one to answer them.

Everything was quiet, no one dared to break the silence, everyone just stared at eachother.

"Mom?" A small voice broke the silence and suddenly a girl ran towards me, hugging me tight.
I was disorientated, not knowing to hug her back or push her away. "Did you just call me 'mom'?" I broke the hug. The girl stepped back. "Mom it's me!" 

I froze. 
All I could do after was run back to my room.

My daughter.
A young girl, new to her teenage years, was saying that she was  my little girl.
Who was this girl and why was she pretending to be my daughter?

Could've that be possible? No, there's no way she grew that much in a few month.
What could've they fed her? Plant fertilizer?

"Genevieve? Open the door, it's Blanchard." And there he was, knocking at my door. "I know you can hear me, come on!" He knocked a few more times before opening the door himself.

"Hey! What the hell?" I got up to try and push him out of the room, failing miserably. 
Blanchard happened to be very big. I was wasting my energy.

"Come on Genevieve, I know how you feel. I couldn't believe it too that the old man was my father, but he is."
I don't know how and when it happen, but I was in his arms: he was holding me, not tight, it was comfortable. I didn't like it. I don't like being this close to someone.

"How can you be sure about that?" I got out of the hug and went to sit on my bed. "What if he's lying? What if he's some alien that came to kill us? What if they all are? What if-"
Then it happened: Blanchard's lips were on mine.