Chapter 13

I'm kinda waiting for an apology from the woman I have to call mom.
I wish Anisa was my mom right now: she would've never do something like this to me.

I would know that, she basically raised me.
Anisa is responsible, compassionate, she has a forgiving heart, she's super down to earth and most important of all: HONEST.
Perfect mother. 

My mom on the other side? I came back after missing for 8 years, but for her only a few months, and what do I get? Her lying to me about my dad.

What is it so horrible about him that I shouldn't know? Why can't I know about him? 

She can't just replace him with Blanchard without any explanation. 
Am I a bad daughter for saying this?

I used to see her as my hero when I was little, was I just manipulated into thinking that?
Well I was 6, I couldn't understand shit.

Am I just dramatic?
God, I don't wanna grow up to be her at all.

Anisa used to tell me that it's not good for us to not seek for help when we're down, so I took that advise and went to Anisa.

"Hey mommy, what's good?" 

"Saoirse, darling!" As soon as she saw me she hugged me tightly. 
See what I mean? My mom, when she saw me, she ran away.

"You don't have to call me that anymore, you're with your real mom now, how has it been?" 

"Horrible, everything has been horrible, from her running away the first day to... well to today. She's just horrible. Can I stay with you?" 

"Ow honey, don't say that! Genevieve is still young, she doesn't know much about this territory of life... she's still learning!"
I love how Anisa always finds the good  thing in bad.
No seriously how does people like my real mom?

Seeing that I wasn't really satisfied about what she has just said, she added. "Listen, things like this happens, it's normal, but she's your mother, you have to cherish the moments you have with her because who knows what could happen? Genevieve may not be the best mom, but I guarantee you she's a good person, and it may not look like that but she cares for you."