Chapter 14

"She still doesn't know how to handle adult stuff like this, she's still learning, also she didn't really live a normal childhood: your grandpa always wanted her to be the best in everything, he put a lot of pressure on her, which she couldn't handle. I must say that she was, and she still is very brilliant, besides that she also got pregnant at a very young age... so just give her time or talk to her about how you really feel, she'll understand." She was hugging me from the side while caressing my back. 

Maybe Anisa was right. Anisa is always right. 
I didn't catch the part where granpa pressured her, mom doesn't really look, well, stressed...?
I remember the story she told me about granpa and he didn't seem to be bad at all.
Am I stupid? 

"Mommy, I mean, Anisa, can you tell me more about grandpa?" 
Anisa was kinda surprise at my request but she was happy to tell me.

"Where do I start?" She thinks for a couple of seconds and the proceeded. "Your grandfather was a really handsome man, serious, strong and very ambitious man, he was a counselor in the Ark so he was a powerful man. When he had your mom, he became the happiest man in the world: that was probably the first time I ever saw him smiling or laughing..."

"Wait what about grandma?" 

"Unfrotunately your grandma died giving birth..."

"Oh. wow..."

"Back to your granpa... well, he did everything he could to ensure a nice life to your mom: he grew her up to be the perfect daughter, smart, reliable and considerate.... He grew her to be the future leader of our people but by doing that, he put pressure and stress on a little girl who, at some point, couldn't take it anymore and broke."

"I never knew that... I feel bad now."