Chapter 10

Saoirse's POV
It's been a few days, me and my mom catched up on the latest things.
Who would've known that Blanchard would have made his move on my mother?
Blanchard's a nice guy, is he my mom's type? I don't know. We haven't talked about stuff like this in the past neither now but, like, should I ask her? I mean, are we supposed to be like best friends now since we're just a few less years apart? 

It was worth a try.

"Mom, or should I call you Genevieve?" I attempted.

"No."

"G?"

"Nope."

"Big G?"

"Let's just stick with 'mom' shall we?" She smiled at me. I forgot how nice was her smile, as you can tell, she doesn't smile a lot. She's not really the happy type of person. 

"So what's up, Saoirse?" 
She turned her focus on whatever the thing she hand in her hands.
Blanchard has been giving her tasks here and there, but I'm pretty sure he does that to spend some time with my mother. What a sneaky bitch.
Am I allowed to say bad words? Meh, who cares.

"I was thinking, do you like Blanchard?" Mom stopped to think for a second.

"Elaborate the question."

"Like, do you like him, as in, do you want to be with him or something?" 
She stopped to think again and while waiting, I took the piece she was working on, to figure out what it was.

"I don't know, he's a nice guy but getting with someone is really not in my agenda for now." She took the piece from me. "Do you like Blanchard?" She smirked.

"Ew gross, he could be my father!" I love Blanchard, he's funny and he seemed to have taken good care of my mom, but I don't like him that way. Gross.

"Because he is." 

My jaw dropped.
Blanchard? My dad?
I thought it was a joke but she was so damn serious while saying that.

"Don't act so surprise, from who do you think you got your brown eyes? From me?" She put away the piece and started cleaning up, leaving me there hanging.

Mom has green eyes.
I have brown eyes.
Blanchard has brown eyes.

Is Blanchard my dad?