Epilogue: Junior Year

Harry's POV

What if he doesn't show? What if he leaves me standing? What if the proposal was a mistake? Is he ready? What if he felt pressured into proposing to me? What if he doesn't want to be with me? A million thoughts were swirling around in Harry's mind as he stood nervously at the altar, flashing people smiles every so often.

"Calm down, mate," Niall murmured softly, and Harry nodded slightly, showing that he'd heard his friend. Niall was his best man, and Zayn was Louis'. Liam, Shawn, Mitch and Josh made up their groomsmen, and despite the fact that both Louis and Harry were men, they still decided to have bridesmaids. Perrie, Eleanor, Lauren, Camila, Perrie's girlfriend Jade, and Taylor were their bridesmaids.

The song Harry and Louis had agreed on, 'Look After You' by The Fray, came on as Louis began the walk down the aisle, with his mother guiding him. Louis had wanted his mother walking him down the aisle because while he loved Mark, and also Dan (his mum's new husband) his mum was his mum, and he'd always had a great relationship with her. She'd never let him feel the absence of his biological father.

Harry felt tears prick his eyes at the sight of his soon-to-be husband in an amazing suit walk towards him to the song that had brought them together all those years back.

Louis finally reach the altar, removing his hand from his mother's, and standing in front of Harry. Louis' eyes had tears swimming in them, and Harry was sure his looked the same. It felt like only a few seconds had passed when the officiator told them to exchange their vows.

Louis went first, "I procrastinated a lot when I wrote these vows. I was overwhelmed with emotion, mostly love, when I was sitting down to write. Writing songs and scripts is easy in comparison to writing vows, because when you're writing vows, you're trying to convey how you feel about your person. About the person you know you're meant to be with. And I had no idea how to fit all the love I have for this brilliant man on a piece of paper, because some things- some feelings, just can't be captured in their entirety.

"Falling in love isn't something you can control- it just happens. I used to be deeply ashamed of who I was. The moment I was old enough to realize that I, a boy, like boys and only boys, and wasn't capable of loving a girl like that, I grew really homophobic. I wasn't homophobic to others, rather, I was homophobic to myself. And then I met this one." Louis chuckles slightly, glancing up and meeting Harry's adoring gaze.

"He was able to convince me and make me see that this huge part of who I am is okay, that it's perfectly okay and that love is love no matter what form it comes in, because ultimately, it's more about finding true love than finding someone who meets certain requirements that society places upon us.

"Before I met Harry, I was suffering in silence. Yes, I had friends who were going through the same thing, and people to talk to, but it was still so hard, having to change my lockscreen from Nick Carter to Britney Spears constantly, just because I was so scared of people noticing. I constantly assessed everything I said, everything I did, because I was scared people would find out. Now, I'm confident in who I am and it's because of you, Harry. So thank you, for helping me learn to live and learn to love. I love you."

Then it was Harry's turn. He took in a deep breath, and after a few moments of hesitation, started speaking, "I don't think I can pinpoint an exact moment where I realized you were it for me. I think part of me just always knew, even if I didn't know what that feeling was when I saw you for the first time. And then we both grew up, and were part of completely different groups at school, and lots of times I wonder if we would've ever interacted if it weren't for being assigned partners in Music that one day, back in 11th grade.