All His Little Things

"Okay class, today we will be listening to some songs, looking at their lyrics, maybe singing some parts of them, and talking about why they stand out so much," Mr. Cowell said, and Louis nodded along with the rest of the class. He glanced over at his boyfriend, knowing that he wouldn't be able to resist staring at him if a love song or something played.

"The first song we're listening to is 'Secret Love Song' by Jesy Nelson," Mr. Cowell announced, before handing out the lyrics, and Louis looked at them intently when he got his copy.

"Here's the song," Mr. Cowell said, pressing play on the official audio.

Jesy Nelson's voice quickly filled the room, and Louis found himself staring at his boyfriend, then glancing down at the lyrics, then going back to looking at the curly-haired brunette.

We keep behind closed doors

Every time I see you, I die a little more

Stolen moments that we steal as the curtain falls

It'll never be enough

It never will be enough, Louis thought. How was he supposed to resist kissing his boyfriend in the hallways, or bringing him to school dances? Louis shook his head, clearing those thoughts from his mind. He didn't have to come out yet. Harry had said that as well.

As you drive me to my house

I can't stop these silent tears from rolling down

You and I both have to hide

On the outside where I can't be yours and you

Can't be mine

Exactly, Louis thought. We can't be with each other in public, it just wouldn't work. There are too many homophobes in this world for us to be able to hold hands or kiss in public. And with the life I want, with the career I want, it would be impossible.

But we know this

We got a love that is homeless

And then the chorus of the song hit the boy like it was a truck.

Why can't you hold me in the street?

Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?

I wish that it could be like that

Why can't we be like that?

'Cause I'm yours

Louis looked over at Harry, whose eyes were closed. The older boy could tell it meant a lot to his boyfriend.

Jason Derulo started singing- apparently this song was a collaboration- and Louis was struck by the male pronouns.

When you're with him, do you call his name?

Like you do when you're with me? Does it feel the same?

Would you leave if I was ready to settle down?

Or would you play it safe and stay?

The chorus played again, while Louis looked over the words Jason had sung. They meant so much to him, but really, could they be what Harry was thinking? Was Harry wondering this about Louis and Eleanor? And more importantly, if Harry was ready to settle down, would Louis go with him? Or would he stay with Eleanor? Louis felt sick to the stomach when he realized what he would do.

The song continued, with Louis thinking about Harry the entire time. It had been a few months since they'd gone to the amusement park and kissed in the line for the Ferris Wheel, and since then, they'd been spending more time together. Louis had had dinner with Harry's family, and met Harry's dad, Desmond, one day as well.