I'll Look After You

It had been about a week since Niall's birthday, and Louis's life was going smoothly: school, soccer, friends, repeat. And then there was the project with Harry. The two boys usually went to Harry's house after school on certain days and worked on the project. Though they had to do a live performance, they found it easier to record their parts separately to see how they fit together. The two boys had also grown quite close in that time, often goofing off when they were supposed to be practicing, which led to more hangouts. 

Today the boys were performing, and were planning on meeting up the next day at Nando's to hang out. Both boys were busy today: Louis had soccer practice and Harry had work.

"You work?" Louis asked, looking up at the curly-haired lad. It had come as a shock to him, as the green-eyed boy just didn't seem like he worked. More like he went to school, then came home, studied, sang a bit, and went to sleep. 

Harry nodded, "Yeah. I like working, it's relaxing, and I get paid, which is a plus."

"Cool. Where do you work?"

"I work in a bakery," Harry said, "and I basically just give people their orders and put the money in the fancy machine thing. I completely forgot what those are called."

Louis chuckled, "Me too, honestly. Where's the bakery?"

"It's a couple blocks away from school," Harry said. "When you leave the building from the front, if you walk to the right for about 3 blocks, you'll see it. It's called Terrrrrrance's, after the owner's late husband. I still don't understand why they spelt it with six r's, though."

"I'll make sure to visit one day, buy something from there," said the blue-eyed boy, trying to imagine Harry wearing an apron and handing him his change. He had a feeling the green-eyed boy would look good in an apron, though honestly, he looked good in anything. 

Louis smiled to himself, walking down the hallway to his next class, before snapping back to reality when he saw something happening. The boy sprinted down the hallway, before grabbing a random kid and shoving him into the lockers, elbowing him in the stomach. He then turned, offering his hand to the boy on the floor, who took it, and Louis pulled him up. 

"Thanks, mate," Harry said, and Louis noticed some tears in the boy's eyes.

"What were they saying to you?"

Harry frowned, wiping his eyes, "What makes you think they were saying anything?"

"The way you look right now," Louis said. "Now, what were they saying?"

Harry sighed, "The usual. Homophobic slurs for the most part, calling me a perv, claiming I was a creep who watched them change in the locker rooms. The worst part is that I don't do that, yet they still think I do. Besides, I like someone, so why would I stare at random boys?"

Louis nodded, placing his hand on the younger boy's shoulder. "They'll believe what they want to, Hazza. You've just got to know your truth, know who you are. 'Cause that's all that matters."

"Oooooooh, I've grown on you, haven't I?" Both boys looked to the side to see a familiar girl walking towards them.

Louis rolled his eyes, "You wish, Jauregui. Haven't you got to get to class?"

Lauren responded, "Yeah, I do have to get to class. Don't you two have to get to class? By the way, you never introduced me to your new best friend, Louis."

Louis, once again, rolled his eyes, "Lauren, this is Harry. Harry, this overdramatic, extra bitch here is Lauren."

Lauren scoffed, putting her hand on her heart, "Ouch. I feel offended. You're such a meanie."