Amusement Park

"I was thinking that for our next date, we could go to Six Flags," Louis had proposed, and had gotten excited when he saw the curly-haired lad nod excitedly.

Now, Louis was not so sure. He swallowed nervously, hand gripping Harry's, as he was buckled onto a rollercoaster. Another rollercoaster. After they went on this one, they'd have one left before they'd gone on all the rollercoasters in the park. All the adult ones, really. 

"Don't worry, Lou," Harry said, rubbing comforting circles with his thumb onto the back of the older boy's hand. "Do you like funnel cakes or Dippin' Dots more?"

"Dippin' Dots," Louis mumbled. 

"Which flavor is the best?"

"The rainbow sherbet one," Louis said. He looked up at the other boy, "Why?"

"After this ride, we'll go and get some Dippin' Dots," Harry promised, and Louis breathed a sigh of relief.

"I've waited for this day for years," Louis said, all of a sudden excited. "I love Dippin' Dots, but I can only ever find them here. And my parents refused to buy me a Season Pass just for me to sit around and eat Dippin' Dots all day."

"How'd they agree to finance this, then?" Harry asked, curious.

Louis shrugged, "I told them that I wanted to go to Six Flags before September ended, as there are still some nice days in September. Once October hits, though..." the boy shivered for dramatic effect, "the weather gets brutal, so they have to close the park."

"And did you tell them about going with me?"

Louis nodded, "I told them that I wanted to go with a friend, you, specifically, and they were fine with it. Though I think my dad might be onto us."

Harry felt a flash of annoyance, but tried to ignore it, before blurting out, "Do you think you'll ever come out to them?" 

"I don't know," Louis confessed. "I'm scared to. Though I guess one day I'll have to. Why?"

Harry shrugged, "I don't know. I just feel weird about pretending to be a friend. I mean, we're going on dates and, well, I don't know. It just feels strange."

Louis nodded, "It does feel strange, but I don't know how long it would take for me to explain and for them to understand that Eleanor and I aren't even together and that me and you are dating. They love Eleanor, and even though she tells me she wants to puke whenever she kisses me or calls me babe in front of them, it's just safer. For both of us."

Harry nodded curtly, "Yeah."

Louis opened his mouth to explain further, but the ride had reached the top, and then came rushing down, Louis's mouth now clamped shut. He closed his eyes, waiting for it to be over.

Louis blinked his eyes open once the ride ended, and breathed a sigh of relief once he got off the rollercoaster. "Thank the heavens. I feel so grateful to be alive right now."

Harry rolled his eyes, "Of course you go right back to being extra. I really don't see why you're always giving Lauren crap about that, when you're no better, drama queen."

"Hey," Louis said, playfully punching the taller boy's shoulder.

"That didn't even hurt, Lou," Harry noted. "Your fingernails hurt more," he gestured to the hand that Louis had held, which had couple marks where the older boy's fingernails had dug into his skin.

"Sorry Haz," Louis said, taking Harry's hand in his, inspecting the marks.

"It's fine, Louis," Harry said. "I just found that funny is all. Now, to the Dippin' Dots we go!"