This Is Not The End

"I, erm," Louis fidgeted, before looking back at his parents. "I have something to tell you guys."

"Go ahead," Mark said, and Louis took a deep breath, before looking at Harry, who was over for dinner.

"I'm gay, and Harry's my boyfriend," Louis said, glancing down at the table, his untouched food.

A brief silence ensued, before Louis' sister Fizzy said, "Pay up. 50 pounds from each of you."

Johannah shook her head, sighing, "I guess this is for you," she said, handing a 50 pound note to Louis' smiling sister.

"Wait a second," Louis said. "You don't seem surprised at all."

"Did you forget about how you used to go around saying you were marrying Nick Carter? 'Cause I definitely didn't," Mark remarked, laughing. "At least this time you're chasing someone who knows who you are."

Louis scowled, "Nick would've met me eventually. We'd meet at a meet and greet, he'd think I was hot, ask me for my number, what?!" Louis looked over at his laughing boyfriend.

"I'm pretty sure the boyband with queer men is Westlife, not Backstreet Boys," Harry pointed out, and Louis shook his head.

"Nick's still closeted. I have a great gaydar, I would know. I knew you were gay."

Harry rolled his eyes, "I was already out."

"Let's not argue over the fine details," Louis said. "Anyways, can we talk about how Fizzy's getting over 100 pounds for no reason."

Felicite sighed, "We all bet, and I won. I bet that you would come out today, and that you were dating Harry. Dad suspected you were dating Harry, but figured you'd tell us when you went to Uni. And Mum didn't want to bet on your love life, but reluctantly bet that you'd come out next year. Lottie said you'd never say anything, so yeah, I won."

"You still don't need 50 pounds from each of 'em," Louis protested, but he was completely ignored. "Whatever. Go on, get your money. Waste it on chocolates."

"But Louis, getting back to what we were talking about," Mark said, and Louis looked at his step-dad. "We're glad you formally told us- even though we knew. We're happy you feel like you can trust us."

Louis nodded, "Why did you guys take it so well, though?"

"Remember when you were younger, we used to go to church? And one day, we just stopped going?" 

Louis nodded, "I remember."

"Well, the reason we stopped going," continued Jay, "was 'cause of how homophobic Pastor Modest was. We didn't want him to stop you from being who you wanted to be, especially 'cause a few weeks prior, we'd told you it was wrong, just in an effort to get you to be quiet in church."

"We didn't want you talking about marrying a boy in front of all those people." Mark said, "They were talking about how much fun it was to yell and harass anyone who was queer. It would've been unsafe for you. But now you're older, more mature, and you are more than capable of defending yourself."

"Okay," Louis said, before a silence settled in. 

"So..." Harry mumbled after a while, breaking the silence. "I had a really nice sandwich for lunch?"

The Tomlinsons laughed, and Harry shrugged, lifting his hands up slightly. "Someone had to break the silence. Besides, it was a good sandwich."

Louis chuckled, "Whatever you say, babe."

"It was though," Harry said. "Now, a toast?" He lifted his glass- of water- before exclaiming, "Darn it. I don't have any bread!"

Louis sighed, "There he goes."