Ch. 30 Welcome to the family, kid

Hey guys! As promised this chapter introduces a Black Widow storyline! However I'm tweaking it a little bit since I used the comics Alexi and not the one from the movie and I don't want it to be confusing

Hey guys! As promised this chapter introduces a Black Widow storyline! However I'm tweaking it a little bit since I used the comics Alexi and not the one from the movie and I don't want it to be confusing. So this will be set after the Black Widow movie (hence why Natasha was so surprised to find the version of the Red Room Rina was in) buttt there is no movie Alexi/ Red Guardian (only the villain/comic one you see in this book). Melina was stationed in Ohio with the girls undercover for the KGB as a "single mom and her two daughters" (kinda sad about erasing him but it's fine ☹️). I will go more into it later! This is set after the Black Widow movie but will NOT go into Infinity War/ Endgame, it will branch off into a different story (the TVA gonna come after me but it's fine lol).

"What?" Ekaterina asked,

"What is it?" She asked again.

But when neither Peter nor Darlene answered her, she got worried.

She reached her arm out to grab the file but both of her friends pulled away from her.

"Guys, what is it?" She asked, concern laced in her voice.

Peter and Darlene looked at each other, trying to figure out what to say and do.

Peter shook his head 'no' while Darlene nodded her head 'yes'.

Gently taking the file from Peter, Darlene held the file to her chest looking Rina in the eyes,

"This is going to be strange for you" the girl warned, "just let us know what you need. If you need us to leave, we will. But if you need us to stay- we'll do that too" Darlene said kindly before handing the file over, her many bracelets jangling as she did.

Hesitantly, Ekaterina took the file. She looked up at her friends, Darlene was smiling an encouragingly soft smile while Peter wouldn't meet her eye.

Looking down, Rina read from the beginning. Even though it'd been read for her, she needed to read it for herself. Muttering the words aloud as she read.

It was just as she expected until she hit the name of her parents.

"Name of father: James Buchanan Barnes" she whispered awestruck.

Rina's hands began to shake as she held the file, looking up she met the gaze of her friends with a smile,

"My father" Rina said barely audible. Her voice was so soft and amazed.

Darlene immediately broke into a grin at Rina's reaction, nearly bouncing with excitement in her seat. The girl's heart was so genuinely happy for her friend.