Ch. 20 Who am I?

The girl woke to four plain walls painted a glaring white that made her feel like her retinas were burning. As quickly as she had opened her eyes, she shut them again with a quiet hiss. Her head pounded, she didn't know where she was. Suddenly it all came back to her. She had been captured. Her limbs began to flail but her movements were stopped by the bands restraining her arms, legs and waist. This angered the girl even more, now she was fighting against the restraints with a renewed fire. But her efforts were useless, the restraints didn't budge. Her head wiped around the room, you could basically see the wheels turning in her head: she was looking for an escape route and a weapon. But the holding cell was empty and the doors were out of sight, a technology developed by Tony.

All of the sudden she stopped struggling and went deadly still. She bowed her head, it appeared as if she was sleeping but then a low chuckle could be heard. The chilling laugh only got louder and the girl finally raised her head, her brown eyes nearly black as she stared straight ahead at the blank white wall, "do you know who I am?" She asked, her voice emotionless. "I am the Little Ballerina" the girl said, sharply pulling against the restraints. "I was born a fighter of an endless war. The lines of right and wrong do not exist anymore" with those words she pulled sharply against the restraints again causing a rattling sound to echo. "I am Hydra's judge, jury and executioner. I am the weapon that hands out the sentence. I am the last thing that you'll ever see" she said, her eyes never wavering from the spot on the blank wall.

Natasha blinked once. She had been watching Ekaterina through a monitor since they had brought her back to the base. The redhead's mind was spinning so quickly, "give her a sedative! She might try to harm herself" she told Tony who was standing in front of a screen that controlled everything in the cell Rina was being held in. "On it" the male said as he clicked a series of buttons on the screen. Almost instantly the girl's thrashing body fell limp. 'At least she can't hurt herself now' Nat thought as she looked through the glass at the unconscious girl. With a sigh she turned to Tony, "tell me when she wakes up" she said simply as she made her way towards the door.

His breath came in equal, measured counts as he hit the punching bag in a rhythmic pattern. Taking his frustrations out on a punching bag was all Bucky could seem to do. The pain from his knuckles as he hit the bag over and over until his skin peeled and bled was the only thing that kept his mind off the Rina and what she was going through. His punches kept time with his thoughts. She had been brainwashed just like he had. Hit. She had been made into a killing machine. Hit. She had forgotten him, Natasha and everyone from her new life. With that hit, the chain holding the bag snapped.

"What did that bag ever do to you?" Natasha asked as she walked into the room a forced smile on her face and a small towel in her hand. As she got closer she offered the towel to him, taking it Bucky wipes the sweat from his forehead before using the cloth to wrap his bleeding knuckles. Nat sighed, "I thought I told you to use tape" she said taking his bleeding hand into hers so she could inspect them. Shaking his head, he pulled his hands away, "I'm fine. How is she?" He asked, he knew Natasha knew who he was talking about.

"Not good. We had to give her another sedative" she began before becoming quieter, "when she wakes, she says that awful mantra about being the Little Ballerina" she finished, running a hand through her red hair. In all honesty, Natasha was frustrated. She didn't know how to help the girl or make things better and she hated it. But she would never show it. And James knew that better than anyone. As he stood there he knew what she was feeling because he felt the same. He was about to reach out to her when the speaker turned on and a voice was heard, "uh Romanoff, Barnes you might wanna get up here" the voice said and the red head turned to look at the male next to her when the voice spoke again, "now!"

I'm backkkkkk!!!! Here's a really short chapter but I'm working to wrap this up in a chapter or two!!
Xoxo,
Renee