Ch. 22 What have I done?

Note: this will be a sadder chapter, no real warnings or triggers expect coming to terms with the death of a loved one. So I apologize in advance but if you know me, you know I love a good sad chapter. So continue :) I will be adding my own spin so if it doesn't completely align with the MCU plot, that is my choice.

Images were flashing before her eyes like a film on a reel. But she was unable to tell if they were real or not. Some of them seemed too good to be true while others felt like a nightmare. 

She saw a a woman with gentle eyes leaning over her singing softly in Spanish, a quiet lullaby that she had long since forgotten.

Then a cross looking woman with her hair pulled tightly into a bun was standing in front of her, telling her to do it again.

Next she saw red, bloodied knuckles. She recognized them as her own. She was sat on a bed, she looked up and there were a row of beds with girls around her age cradling equally broken hands.

Next she remembered her entire body aching, she'd just learned to fight. In her memory, she looked up, there were less girls present this time. She didn't know where the girls had gone.

She caught flashes of a dark haired boy and the stars.

That was her favorite memory she'd remembered so far. She didn't know who this boy was but she did know that she had grown up with him and that she had felt strongly towards him. She thought about him often, she hoped he was doing well. Above all, she hoped he was looking at the stars where ever he was.

Suddenly she remembered fighting a dark haired girl. Why did all of her memories have to do with fighting? Who had she been? Who was she?

She tried to focus on this memory,

~~~

The blonde girl placed an expert kick to the other girl's left, obviously injured leg, the snap was deafening. She let out a scream as she fell, trying desperately to get back up but the blonde kicked her in the chest, knocking the wind out of her.

The blonde girl wrapped her arm around her opponents neck,

"извините, я надеюсь, что следующая жизнь буде добре для нас" (I'm sorry, I hope the next life will be kinder to us) she said before giving one final pull. With a snap the dark haired girl fell and blonde fell next to her, sobbing.

"отлично, Екатерина" (excellent, Ekaterina) came the voice of the woman she had seen earlier.

~~~

No, no, no? She'd killed that girl? Why? Oh why.

"No, no enough" the girl cried  out.

Her breathing was shallow and quick, she was nearly hyperventilating. She tried to move her arms to wipe away her tears or hide her face but the restraints held her to the chair.

Tony who was sending the calculated electric shocks to the young girl through wires connected to her temples in order to trigger her memory set his mouth into a hard line,

"Friday, cut the power" he said to the ai, and the electricity running from the wires ceased.

He'd offered to try this method after extensive research, he had seen the method used on Bucky in Wakanda and the billionaire philanthropist thought he could do better.

And it was working.

Ekaterina could successfully remember her early years. Mainly glimpses of her parents and her training in the academy. Both the ballet and the other... well she didn't really quite understand what she had done. Or why. But she knew that she didn't like to think about it.