Ch. 32 We Keep This Love In A Photograph

The lights coming from the school were so bright, Ekaterina had to squint to take it all in

The lights coming from the school were so bright, Ekaterina had to squint to take it all in. The building was so tall, how many students could it fit? Rina couldn't imagine it, that many people her age learning subjects like math and history. It was different from what she learned growing up.

A voice called her out of her thoughts,

"Ekaterina!"

Yelena was waving frantically from the entrance.

Rina looked at Peter and Darlene with a shrug before the group began walking towards Yelena.

"Why do you look angry?" Rina asked as she got closer to the blonde woman.

Yelena scoffed,

"I have been here for six hours setting up for this dance in heels. I have earned the right to be angry, Ekaterina" Yelena said.

Rina laughed at the woman,

"They are awful, no?" She asked looking down at her own high heels.

"Yes. I like your dress, not very practical either but pretty" Yelena noted

"But it has pockets those are very handy" Rina countered putting her hands into the pockets to show the woman.

Yelena couldn't help but laugh,

"Very handy indeed" The woman replied.

A voice interrupted them.

"Fanny!"

Yelena grimaced, ignoring the call

"Ms. Longbottom!"

"Fanny Longbottom? That's the name you chose?" Rina asked, trying to hide her laughter.

"No that would be Natasha, remind me to hurt her later" Yelena whispered.

Yelena put a smile on her face and turned around,

"Principal Morita!" The woman greeted, opting for an American accent.

"Ah I see you're mingling with the kids that's good" The man said but it was clear his mind was elsewhere, "Mrs. Leeds had to leave, we need someone on punch duty, do you mind?" The man asked kindly.

The annoyance showed on Yelena's face for a moment before her smile returned,

"Of course not, lead the way" the woman said