Amarok

Artist~ Zbrush

AMAROK

(a-muh-rok)

Historical Context:
The amarok's originate from Inuit Mythology. These wolves are found in old Eskimo tales in both positive and negative light. This includes stories of an amarok eating a human, and another giving strength to a lost boy.

Height: ≈ 6 foot
Weight: ≈ 1,000 kg
Life-span: ≈ 25 - 50 years
Attack: 100 // sharp teeth, sharp claws, strong body
Armour: 70 // tough skin yet furry coat
Defence: 60 // strong legs to run away
Stealth: 80 // dark coats for camouflage, stealthy
Diet: carnivore // any sort of meat
Habitat: typically forests for the cooler climates, but can be found anywhere

Height: ≈ 6 footWeight: ≈ 1,000 kgLife-span: ≈ 25 - 50 yearsAttack: 100 // sharp teeth, sharp claws, strong bodyArmour: 70 // tough skin yet furry coatDefence: 60 // strong legs to run awayStealth: 80 // dark coats for camouflage, stealthy Diet: c...

Artist~ Innistrad

Sex:
The amarok's genders are quiet simple. Most refer to them as male and female, girl and boy, instead of anything else. However, truly speaking, a male is referred to as an angut, and a female is referred to as an arnaq. The offspring are known as pups.

Appearance:
An amarok's appearance is incredibly similar to a wolf. All the legends from Inuit mythology state these creatures are wolves, just much larger, similar to the direwolves, but still different. Typically, the coat of a normal wolf can vary from black, to grey, to white, but an amarok is known to have strictly black fur.

Mating:
Amarok's are not romantic creatures. They mate once in their lifetime and produce up to three pups. From there, the pair will split, leaving the arnaq to raise the offspring for two years before leaving them to fend for their own.

 From there, the pair will split, leaving the arnaq to raise the offspring for two years before leaving them to fend for their own

Artist~ unknown

Hunting:
Amarok's are not to be mistaken for direwolves or ordinary wolves, for they do not hunt in packs. They are lone creatures who hunt as they please. Typically, they hunt at night for sleeping prey, though their favourite meal is human flesh.

Temperament:
These vicious creatures are lonesome creatures, hunters. They are not suitable for companions, for they are not known to be loyal, however it is not impossible to tame one. In the two years of the pups upbringing, the arnaq's are more kindly than hostile during this time, but still fierce.

Rarity:
Unlike most creatures, the amarok's do not pose extra abilities on rare occasions. It is only important to remember that an amarok is different to a dire wolf and normal wolves

 It is only important to remember that an amarok is different to a dire wolf and normal wolves

Artist~ unknown