Cherufe

Artist ~ Svetlin Velinov

CHERUFE
(chair-if)

Historical Context:

These beasts originate from Mapuche Mythology, which were the beliefs of the indigenous Mapuche people in south-central Chile.

Height: ≈ nine foot
Weight: ≈ 300 kilograms
Life span: ≈ 90 years
Attack: 100
Armour: 70
Defence: 60
Stealth: 30
Diet: human and chlazon flesh
Habitat: any volcanic areas, they're mostly found living inside the volcano itself

Height: ≈ nine footWeight: ≈ 300 kilogramsLife span: ≈ 90 yearsAttack: 100Armour: 70Defence: 60Stealth: 30Diet: human and chlazon fleshHabitat: any volcanic areas, they're mostly found living inside the volcano itself

Sex:
It is very hard to determine which gender a cherufe is considering they are very hard to study. There are no features that are obvious to show differences between the genders because these creatures are brought into the world through eggs. 

Appearance:
Cherufe's are large creatures that resemble the most too reptiles, but not completely. Their appearance can alter between looking more human than creature, but they are covered in stone and lava. Their skin is basically broken and between the cracks run lava. The lava also seems to light up its eyes and mouth, giving it an extremely imitating look.

Mating:
As said earlier, the cherufe's are extremely hard to tell apart, even in their behaviour. Both are cruel and merciless whenever there is food around. The best-educated guess would be the females are the dominant creatures by how many eggs can be found in areas like Bostik (from the novel The Falling). But then again, it is just a mere guess because they are so hard to study.

Hunting:The cherufes only enjoy feasting on human (and all alike) flesh, which makes it hard for those who live in the vicinities of these terrifying creatures

Hunting:
The cherufes only enjoy feasting on human (and all alike) flesh, which makes it hard for those who live in the vicinities of these terrifying creatures. Most of the time they have to live on anything that has living, breathing organisms (but not plants). They usually hunt alone, or at least that's what researchers have discovered. With limited research, it is hard to tell, but most of the time, a cherufe is found alone.

Temperament:
A cherufe is usually always mad. Or maybe always hungry. Not once has a cherufe acted calm towards a human or chlazon, also hostile. A cherufe is not a suggested creature for a pet, nor would anyone know where to get one. The only way a cherufe would act welcoming was if it was being controlled telepathically.

Rarity:
Not many factors can vary when it comes to a cherufe. The only change that may occur is it's build. On rare occassions, a cherufe will take the exact form of a certain creature like a dog or bird. Unfortunately, there is only one record for the states the fact that a cherufe can be in a different form.

 Unfortunately, there is only one record for the states the fact that a cherufe can be in a different form