Dire Creatures

This chapter is a little different, so hang on.

~~~

Dire defines as dangerous and urgent. That can't be too good if it's paired with an animal. Any ordinary human known creature can be dire, therefore creating a single chapter on a specific dire creature would be a waste of time. Therefore I will try my best to explain to you what dire creatures are.

Let's take a look at dire wolves

~Artist: Kimonas Theodossiou

Dire wolves are three times bigger their normal size, they can grow to be as large as a pony. They can show resemblance to a fenrir wolf, but they're different. A dire wolf just has heightened senses and greater sustainability. Due to their size, they're harder to fight, but if you have strength, you'll be alright. Their temperament and habits are the same as normal wolves, but you are more likely to find them travelling alone than in a pack.

Another creature that can be a common dire is the bear.

~Artist: JasonEngle on DeviantArt

Here it can be noted that a dire bear is also two times its size, almost as large as an elephant. Their claws are longer, and their teeth as well. They're less cuddly like human bears can be portrayed as. They become more vicious and their vision is clouded with rage and the want for blood. Sometimes there are patterns in the fur of dire bears, but this difference is minor and doesn't hold any significance. But if a dire bear has a particular pattern of lighter fur that is recognisable, assume that they've been trained by a clan or tribe. 

Dire Moose

Another example is a dire moose. In some cases, a dire creature can have altered appearances that enhance their attacking abilities. The image below shows that the moose has a visually different head. Their horns come from their cheekbones and one protrudes from the forehead like a huge crown, almost like a dinosaur.

 Their horns come from their cheekbones and one protrudes from the forehead like a huge crown, almost like a dinosaur

~Artist: Unknown

In this case, the dire moose can attack more successfully than the average moose. Its senses are heightened and can be used as great beasts for pulling carriages because of their strength. But the dire moose's greatest asset is its use of smell; they rely heavily on seeing with their nose and is one of the strongest parts of their body. But their strength is admirable, especially if they're charging at a target within twenty feet.

Hopefully, you now gain an understanding of dire creatures. They are remarkably stronger in all assets of their original forms. They were created through their genetics being altered in their original forms and then bread continuously. They can also have extra features, like horns or arms. If a creature is aquatic, they can have extra fins. Any creature can be a dire creature, and be careful not to provoke them when you are near.

Hey guys, you can give requests for creatures you want me to do, if you want! ^^