Grillandra

Artist unknown

GRILLANDRA
(grill-laan-drah)

Historical Context:

Grillandra's are creatures created from my own imagination. But I had inspiration from images on Pinterest. I just created my own twist to it to create the creature I needed for my novel.

Height: ≈ one ft
Weight: ≈ seven kilograms
Life span: ≈ fifteen to twenty years
Attack: forty//they use teeth and claws when hunting
Armour: twenty//their soft and fluffy fur offers no protection
Defence: sixty// will use teeth and claws for self defence, also very fast when it comes to running away
Stealth: seventy//soft padding under paws and light weight allow it to trend lightly on the ground when hunting
Diet: omnivore// main diet of bugs, berries and smaller creatures
Habitat: forest//always found where mass trees are growing

Height: ≈ one ftWeight: ≈ seven kilogramsLife span: ≈ fifteen to twenty yearsAttack: forty//they use teeth and claws when huntingArmour: twenty//their soft and fluffy fur offers no protectionDefence: sixty// will use teeth and claws for self defen...

~Artist unknown

Sex:
A male grillandra can be referred to as a hob. A female grillandra can be referred to as a jill. Baby grillandra's can be referred to as cubs.

Appearance:
All grillandra's have the build of a ferret (human animal). They are long in length, can wrap around the trunk of a tree. Tails will be covered in plumage, flowers or leaves of a different kind. Hobs will grow a wreath of flowers, leaves or feathers around their necks to help them when finding a mate. Decorations will dress the whole body, but will be more bold on the tail and around the neck. They have a small snout and a pair of fairly sized eyes depending on the size. They stand on four legs, two front and two hind legs. Their ears sit on the top of their head. They have a five metre radiance of sound detecting, three metre radiance of vision and smell.

Mating:
A grillandra will have up to two mates throughout their life. Being a mammal like beast, they give birth to up too three cubs; six cubs in a life time. Most of the cubs will inherit either just the father or mothers decorations of flowers, leaves or plumage. Sometimes genes will cross and the cub will end up with either both decorations together, or a new type of decoration all together. Cubs will stay with parents for most of their life until they're old enough to fend for themselves, which is around the age of seven or eight.

 Cubs will stay with parents for most of their life until they're old enough to fend for themselves, which is around the age of seven or eight

Artist = Plescow

Hunting:
Hobs do the hunting. They will leave just before dusk and hunt of smaller creatures and larger sized bugs to feast on and bring home. They use their claws and teeth to attack and kill. Jills are capable of hunting too, are sometimes forced too when the hob is unable or they are alone. Their diet consists of smaller creatures, bugs that are sized slightly larger than normal bugs, and treats are considered as wild berries.

Temperament:
A little like a human cat, if kept as a pet. A grillandra is not particularly threatening, they are shy creatures that will keep the themselves. If threatened, they will use self defence or attack depending on the situation. When a grillandra is kept as a pet, becomes very loyal. A known little fiery protecter to owner. If captured to be made pet, domination between grillandra and owner must occur. Grillandra's can be used as transportation by pixies and gnomes.

Rarity:
There have been some findings of grillandra's that have crossbred with certain dragons and grown wings. In this case, their wings sit within the middle of their body, their front legs are longer than the normal grillandra's, and their claws become more dominate as well as their teeth. This strengthens their defence, attack, but weakens their stealth for they loose the soft padding under their paws.

Artist unknown

Artist unknown

In some cases, these winged grillandra's can also grow horns. An unlucky side effect, when the genes cross, is that the decoration within the grillandra is lost and it had no feathers, flowers or leaves. This gives them a bland look, but brings more attention to the wings. To their advantage, they come in dull colours that help them camouflage against predators.

 To their advantage, they come in dull colours that help them camouflage against predators

Artist unknown

Please comment of you have any questions, vote if you like the grillandra.