Cerberus

Artist~ Emma-Fay on DeviantArt

CERBERUS

(sir-bir-is)

Historical Context:  the Cerberus originates from Greek Mythology. The three headed dog is also referred to as the hound of Hades, who guards the doors to the underworld. However, in this handbook, the Cerberus will not follow the traditional build found in Greek Mythology.

Height: ≈ 110cm
Weight: ≈ thirty to forty kilograms
Life span: ≈ ten to thirteen years
Attack: eight//they use teeth and claws when hunting, also they have immense strength
Armour: thirty//their fleshy skin with a thin coat of fur offers no protection
Defence: sixty// stamina and speed helps for a flighty getaway
Stealth: fifty//can be stealthy if trained, but is usually very obvious
Diet: carnivore// main diet of meat
Habitat: varies//not typically found in the wild; these are domestic pets

Height: ≈ 110cmWeight: ≈ thirty to forty kilogramsLife span: ≈ ten to thirteen yearsAttack: eight//they use teeth and claws when hunting, also they have immense strengthArmour: thirty//their fleshy skin with a thin coat of fur offers no protection...

Artist~ sancta-silje on DeviantArt

Sex:

Cerberus' are much like human dogs. The male cerberus is known as either a cerberus, stud or sire; all names are used in referring to this specific gender of cerberus. The female cerberus is referred to as a bitch and nothing more. Their offspring are known as puppies or pups. 

Appearance:

The cerberus can have the generalised description of a dog with three heads. Traditionally, from Greek Mythology, the cerberus is fifteen feet tall (457cm) with jet black shaggy fur and a snake-like tail. However, in the realm of fantasy, this isn't a likely case. A cerberus can be any shape or size of a normal human dog, minus the snake tail. They can be as small as a corgi, or as large as a german sheppard, with the fur coat of whatever dog.

Mating:

Cerberus's mate for life, but sometimes are used for breeding. Naturally, the cerberus is supposed to have one mate and pups with them, but the greed of humanity and other beings use them for money, and breed them, breaking this natural flow. The female cerberus can give birth to up to eight pups.

 The female cerberus can give birth to up to eight pups

Artist~ Andreas Walters

Hunting:

Cerberus's are usually kept as domestic pets, but they can be used as hunting weapons. Both male and female cerberus's are great hunters; three heads means three times the smartness. Typically, the males are used for hunting and the females are used for breeding. However, each head can be taught a different skill such as tracking, killing, sight, etc. Although all three can be taught all assests, it is wiser to divide the knowledge.

Temperament:

Cerberus's have the temperament of an average dog. They can be playful and energetic, protective and agressive or dopey and humouress. They're easily trained and can be very trusting. The breed of cerberus can change along with its temperament, but the only knowledge that should be acquired is that they're like an average human dog.

Rarity:

The cerberus originally comes from Greek Mythology, and can be fifteen feet in height, and can have a snake-like tail. So far, there has only been knowledge of one cerberus that follows this description, the hound of Hades. But that doesn't mean that somewhere, someone, somehow figured out how to breed a hound just like Hades.

 But that doesn't mean that somewhere, someone, somehow figured out how to breed a hound just like Hades

Artist~ stephaniepepper on Instagram