Chapter Two

Harry was in a rush to get home. He hadn't produced a full song in weeks, which felt like a crack in his artist soul. Without much thought he grabbed his guitar case from the band room and went on his way. Or he tried. On the way out the door Harry bumped into an ant of a man. Niall.

Harry recognized his blonde hair instantly. As soon as the run in started, it was over. Harry was still in a rush and not even the cute boy could get in his way. Though, Harry did note Niall's blushed cheeks in his rush.

Harry drove home in a controlled frenzy. Music had to be made today otherwise it felt as if Harry would die. He daydreamed of escaping the small town life and becoming the next big superstar. His hopes weren't high. Harry had to stay realistic but he still loved his vision.

Back in his room, he pulled out his guitar ready to get into the zone. Something was amiss though. Instead of seeing his shining brown guitar with 'HS' scrawled on the back, he saw a plainer guitar covered in a few sparse stickers. Pride flags, flowers, and a lone sticker stating 'smol bean' were decorating the guitar, giving a slight hint of character. Harry must have grabbed the wrong case in his rush. Who did this charming guitar belong to?

After some looking Harry saw a name written in a small childlike handwriting on the back of the guitar. 'Niall Horan'.

Harry sat, trying to think what to do now. He ran a hand through his shoulder length hair. This could be a dilemma. Knowing he really wanted to play he decided to disregard the unspoken rule when it came to others' instruments. He was sure Niall, seeming like a sweet guy, would understand anyhow.

The music flowed. This song felt like it was written by a big city boy, not a small town one. Harry loved that. He's never connected with the mundane life. He wondered what Niall would think if he heard Harry's music. He knew Niall was a musician himself, though he's never gotten the pleasure of hearing Niall preform.

Harry briefly considered propositioning Niall for a music date, but quickly threw out the thought. Niall seemed too consumed with something to date. Harry was also to concerned he'd fall for the cute boy, but then leave Niall for his dreams, crushing himself and Niall.

Harry had to stay true to the plan. Produce a whole album of his best work and get it out to someone important in the industry, no matter the cost. He knew he was great enough to catch eyes and make waves. Some may say he was cocky, but Harry knew what he felt was true. He was just simply talented. A raw talent that could make anyone want to listen.

After hours passed, Harry had a new polished song he could add to the lineup. It was a song of hope and passion. A song about bigger things on the horizon.

He made sure to gently place Niall's guitar back into it's case. Looking back at it with a slight longing, Harry turned away and tucked himself into bed.