Chapter Nine

Niall combed through his hair, making sure he looked put together for the first official band meeting. This could be the start of Niall's future. Too bad he was still filled with such anger.

Hopefully Harry's day was going to shite. It seemed to be the case based of his text messages.

Things were going to be very different for now on. Niall was tired of taking Harry's crap and he'd make sure everyone knew it.

It was weird for Niall to be filled with such a vile emotion such as anger, but down to his core he felt raw and vulnerable. Harry now knew the truth. Niall was madly in love with Harry. That secret held so much power over Niall and he refused to give up control this time.

Maybe, just maybe, this could be a good thing. Niall was the timid boy for too long. Now he is a caterpillar emerging into a butterfly. A necessary and beautiful shedding of his old self.

Niall took one last, long look in the mirror before leaving his home. Through his fury he looked confident.

Niall got to the school promptly with his guitar case in hand.

Since it was a Saturday the guys could all get together straight away for music without having to drudge through hours of school. Niall walked down the bare school halls with a swagger in his step. Thankfully, the school supports the talented and is letting them use the band room on weekends.

Unsurprisingly, the trio were already prepping in the band room when Niall arrived. Greetings were stilted and awkward. This was Niall's first time really seeing them since his first single dropped. I guess no one could get the drama with Harry off their mind.

Niall felt a great annoyance, it seemed like Harry was a pest that would always be there to bother him. If it was up to him he'd never even have to look at Harry again. Then there was that song that Harry released the day before. Niall was lucky to stop thinking about it for even a second.

How could Harry bare his soul so much but also simultaneously say nothing at all? I mean, c'mon is anyone seriously going to believe that Harry actually feels that deeply about anything? No way.

Just as Niall thinks he's getting Harry off his mind and can starting jamming with the trio he hears the door open. Quickly glancing up, expecting to see a staff member, there stands Harry in all his glory.

"Uh, ello mates.", Harry quietly gets out.

Niall looks at him in disbelief, "What in the bloody hell are you doing here?"

"I'm here for the band meeting, obviously.", Harry gets out with a weird nervous edge.

"I thought it was implied you're out. We don't need you."

"Hey, Niall I'm sorry I told Harry it was okay to come. My bad.", Zayn spoke before Harry had a chance to reply.

"Seriously? I don't want to work with that bitch. You should have known that."

The room went silent with shock. No one had ever heard Niall talk like that before.

"Fine, fuckwad. You can work with us but you will be quiet and do as I say. You better not be a bother", Niall said with a pointed look at Harry.

Harry could barely stutter out, "Okay."

Niall couldn't resist glaring at Harry. He wanted the session to go smoothly but the desire to make Harry miserable won out.

When a water break came up, Niall took the chance to discuss something with Zayn.

"Hey mate, you really screwed me over with inviting Harry", Niall said as he pulled Zayn off to the corner.

"I know, I know. I'm already regretting it."

"Maybe you could do a favor for me? Then you don't have to stress about the whole thing."

Zayn replied with an eagerness, "Sure, what do you need?"

"Let's make this pesky situation a bit more beneficial for me. I want us to flirt throughout the rest of today. We're just friends of course, but Harry doesn't need to know that."

"Uh, okay mate. If that's what you really want", Zayn said with a tone of skepticism.

"Thank you, this should be fun."

Niall walked away with a newfound excitement. Let's do this.