Chapter Four

Three long weeks have gone by and Harry hadn't spoken another word to Niall. He was waiting out the shy boy who had somehow accumulated three new friends. Of course Harry was familiar with the trio. He had spoken to Zayn on a couple occasions about music, but that was about it.

Harry was a bit disappointed in Niall's lack of approach, but he figured it was for the best. He really need to keep focus on his studies and music. Letting distractions get in the way could never be good for him. There was a reason Harry had never dated in the past.

He was still curious about Niall's musical talent though. If Niall was genuinely good it could possibly work in Harry's favor. This could be a reason to reach out without actually dating the cute boy.

Harry settled on the idea of getting Niall's phone number. Maybe he could coax the shy boy out of the shell he created.

As school let out Harry leaned against his car keeping a lookout for Niall. He caught a quick flash of bright blonde hair mingling in the crowds. Harry started a quick stride towards him, he was unsure of what Niall's method of getting home was, so he had to be swift about it.

"Niall! Come here, boy. I have a question for you.", Harry called out.

Niall looked up in Harry's direction with surprise. His short legs carried him over quickly.

"Uh- hi, Harry. What did you want to ask?"

"I want your number. Maybe we could play together sometime.", Harry said confidently.

"Oh, sure. Here I'll write it out.", Niall replied as he ripped out a piece of notebook and scribbled his number on it, passing it over to Harry.

"Great, lad. Maybe I could drive you home?"

"Um, my mum is on her way but I'll text her to head back. You can take me. If-if you really want.", Niall replied nervously.

Harry turned back towards his car and started walking, he only stopped once he realized Niall wasn't with him. He looked back at Niall and beckoned him with a hand motion. Niall quickly stumbled his way over.

Harry was soon in the driver's side, while Niall carefully buckled himself in on the passenger's. Harry turned on the pop radio station and kept the music low.

"I seem to make you nervous. I hope that's not the case. I like to think I give off a comfortable energy.", Harry said glancing over at Niall.

Niall looked over at Harry with a blush, "Uh- a bit nervous, sure. You must understand why."

Harry gave Niall a sultry glance over, "Hmm. I hope it's for the reasons I think it is. I guess I can be quite irresistible. No need to worry though, mate. I don't date."

"Oh. Um, can I ask why?", Niall softly asked.

"I have big plans. Nothing can get in the way of that. Not even a cute boy."

"You-you think I'm cute?", Niall said with wide eyes.

"I thought that was obvious. You must be very clueless."

"I- I am not. Or at least I try not to be."

"It wasn't meant to be an insult.", Harry responded with no emotion to his voice.

The boys sat in silence until Niall pointed at his small, humble home coming up along the road. As Niall exited the car, the boys exchanged quick goodbyes. Harry watched Niall's bum as we walked up to the door and drove off before Niall could catch him.

Though Harry liked to appreciate Niall's good looks, he couldn't do more than that. There was a plan that he needed to stick to. Dating went against his rules.

As he drove back home he sat and pondered how he could fit Niall into his plans. Maybe they could start a band, but they'd have to gather other members. Harry wanted no part of a duo, they seemed lame in his eyes. A band though, that might work, as long as he was the lead.

He knew Zayn, Louis, and Liam were musicians. An idea started forming in his head on how this could all work. He'd have to find away to bring it up to the guys. They'd have to get together for a test run to see their compatibility. If it worked out there could be something there and a reason for Harry to keep Niall in his life.