Chapter Five

Niall felt a bit off from his last conversation with Harry. He was shocked that he'd even asked for his number. Maybe Harry could genuinely like someone like him, that is if he dated.

Niall was still sitting on his bed thinking about Harry when his phone pinged. He glanced over and saw that it was actually his man who had texted him. Niall felt his heart race because of the text and the fact he thought as Harry as his. Harry was not his.

Harry
"Hey, my lil leprechaun. I had an idea I wanted to shoot your way."

Niall
"Your lil leprechaun?"

Harry
"Yeah, because you're Irish, get it? Can we get on to what I wanted to discuss?"

Niall
"Well I got that. Anyway, what's your idea?"

Harry
"I was thinking you, the trio, and I could gather to play sometime. I want to see our compatibility for a possible band."

Niall
"Presumptuous to assume any of us even want to join a band. I guess it's fine on my side. Do you want me to message the others?"

Harry
"I can't think of a valid reason why you wouldn't want to. Yes, message the others. Make it clear this is a serious opportunity. I don't waste my talent on just anybody."

Niall
"I guess. I'll go message them now."

Niall turned off his phone and could feel the disappointment rise that Harry wasn't messaging him for any personal reasons. At least this may be an opportunity to hang out with Harry more. Hopefully he'll preform his best when they get together.

He messaged in his group chat with the three letting them know of Harry's proposition. He wasn't sure what they'd think, he hasn't really gotten very close with any of them.

After about thirty minutes went by he had received texts back from all of them with different tones of yes. He quickly let Harry know that everyone was in and they could get together tomorrow after school.

Niall was definitely curious how this would all turn out. A band could definitely be interesting. Or disastrous. Only time would tell.

Deciding he didn't want to marinate in his thoughts, Niall got up and figured he probably needed a better hiding spot for his flash drive. He rummaged at the bottom of his backpack trying to find it, but it wasn't there. Niall fell back on his heels, he felt dizzy. What happened to his flash drive?

He couldn't think of a time where it could have fallen out. Then it hit him. The flash drive got set in the guitar case, not his back pack. Harry's guitar case. Harry had his song that was sung about him. It felt as if Niall's world was going to end.

Maybe when they all met to play tomorrow Niall could discretely check Harry's case. Under no circumstances could Harry hear this song. It just could not happen.

Though Niall now had a set plan he still couldn't shake his crucifying fear. It filled him with such a feeling of nausea he had to race to the toilet and throw up. It felt like his worst feel coming true and he shook with anxiety.

Maybe in his sleep he would just pass away and not have to deal with any of it. If the flash drive wasn't in the case Niall didn't know what he'd do. His one consultation was that he had recorded the songs weeks ago and Harry hadn't mentioned it. Surely he would have brought it up if he heard the powerful song?

Niall popped some generic sleep pills and stumbled to bed, tears streaming down his splotchy face. He curled up and could only hope tomorrow would go his way.