Chapter Seven

Niall's anxiety continued to fester. A day has passed since he had played with the guys and he failed to find his flash drive. That means Harry must have seen and moved it from his guitar case. This could mean many things for Niall.

Did Harry confuse the flash drive for one of his and now it's wound up in some junk drawer? Has Harry listened to it and discovered Niall's secret?

Niall struggled with his feeling of fear knowing Harry may had heard his song, but also the fact he no longer had access to his best work. Why did he have to be so stupid deleting the song from his computer.

Niall swore he's never felt so down in his life. Maybe he's developed some disorder through all this mess. What else could explain such intense emotions?

Deciding he wasn't some little bitch, Niall shot a text at Harry.

Niall
"Have you happen to come across a pale pink flash drive? I lost it a bit ago and it's very important!"

Harry
"I may have. Why is it so important, my leprechaun?"

Niall
"I don't feel comfortable explaining."

Harry
"I'll admit I gave in and listened to the song on it. I know your secret, boy."

Niall
"Secret..."

Harry
"I know you have a secret boyfriend that you're madly in love with. I can't believe you've been hiding this."

Niall
"What! I definitely don't have a secret boyfriend! Are you crazy?"

Niall's head was spinning from the confrontation and confusion.

Harry
"Don't lie to me, my leprechaun. I can tell just from the passion in that song. You are a liar."

Niall
"The song may be passionate but it's not about some secret lover! It's actually about..."

Harry
"Well spit it out, 'Smol Bean'."

Niall
"Don't use my taste in stickers against me!"

Harry
"Argh! Just tell me who the song is about! I will find out anyway."

Niall
"The song is about you, Harry."

A few minutes ticked by before Niall received a response.

Harry
"Oh."
"I didn't realize you felt that deeply for me."

Niall
"Um. Yeah."

He waited an hour for Harry to text back before he realized their conversation had ended. Niall creeped into his bed and curled up on his side, crying into his pillow.

By the time it was late at night, Niall crawled from his bed and went over to his guitar. Hours passed as he wrote and produced a song filled of sorrow. He told a story through his heartbreak that could give anyone the chills.

It was four in the morning and Niall decided to post his song on the internet for the world to hear. Maybe he could find a community to comfort him in this trying time.

Niall grabbed his phone and with his thumbs in a flurry, he texted Harry.

Niall
"I wrote a song about you and have published it online. I refuse to hide your identity. May the internet rain hellfire upon you."

Harry
"What? Send the link."

Niall
"Find it yourself, tough guy."

Harry
"Leprechaun, now is not the time to develop a backbone."
"Niall! Respond to me!"

Niall turned off his phone and went to sleep.