Chapter Six

Harry stretched as far as he could go when he woke up that next morning. Today would hopefully be eventful. A small smile touched his mouth.

Niall had no idea what was in store for him. Little did the leprechaun know, but Harry found a flash drive of Niall singing. The song had hit Harry hard. The song's writing was so powerful. Harry could feel the love Niall had for this undisclosed person.

The second Harry started thinking about it he tried to stop. Jealously rose to his chest quick and fast. Like a snake attacking it's target. Harry knew deep down he wanted Niall to feel that way about him. But no, of course a boy as cute as Niall must have somebody, even in secret.

At least Harry had his conviction. The idea behind starting a band may have held some slight ulterior motives.

Though Harry genuinely sees Niall and the trio's music potential, this would be the perfect opportunity to spend more of his time next to his leprechaun's side. The more time Niall spends with Harry the less Niall will have to spend with this other lover. Maybe even Harry could discover their identity.

He got dressed as quickly as possible but with precision. His hair styled just how he liked, curling near his shoulders. Suede ankle boots on his feet.

It didn't take him long to get to school. The day felt like it went by slowly and in a rush all at once. Impatience and excitement warred through Harry.

Soon enough though Harry was walking into the band room with a swagger in his step. Everyone was already waiting for him, just how he liked it. Fashionably late as always.

Niall quickly pounced from his seat and rushed over to Harry.

"Harr-ry. You're a bit la-ate. Um. Not that we were in a hurry or anything. Well, I mean, the guys were getting a bit agitated. But you know, it's all good I guess."

Harry gave a cocky smirk liking how Niall got so nervous in his presence. He could tell something was slightly off though. Maybe Niall was anxious for reasons past his crush.

"A bit excited to get started are we? Hmm. Little Leprechaun, how was your day?"

"Um, good. I guess. Good so far.", Niall said unsurely as his eyes darted around the room. His complexion had seemed to be paling since Harry entered the room.

"You look at bit sickly. I wish you'd be open and honest with me Niall when something is clearly wrong. Who knows, maybe I'd be able to help with this problem if I was feeling generous."

"I- I'm not lying! I just was a little nauseous last night is all.", Niall squeaked out in indignation.

"Yeah, whatever you say, Leprechaun."

Harry decided it was best to move on for Niall's sake. He was clearly hiding something. Maybe he and his secret lover broke up? One could only hope.

Harry walked towards the trio with a sudden edge of superiority in his stance. They all looked up from their phones as Harry neared, clearly all a bit peeved.

"Hello, hello. I'm sure you lot know why we've all gathered here. I have a very bright future with music ahead of me and I think you'd all fit nicely in my journey. If we're compatible when it comes to making music, I'm considering starting a band. I'd be the "unofficial" leader of course.", Harry said with confidence and his head held high.

"Don't act so high and mighty, who said we'd want to work with you anyway?", said Liam with a look of pure disbelief.

"Of course you'd want to work with me. Have you heard me sing? Seen my writing? I'll make heads turn. Plus, aren't you friends with Niall? He would love this opportunity and as his friends you should want to help him out any way you can."

"Whatever. Look guys, let's all chill out a little. Why don't we just start working on something and see what happens?", Zayn said attempting to be the voice of reason.

"That works. Just make sure to follow my lead.", said Harry with a quick turn of his heel.

The next two hours were spent with the boys all testing their skills together and doing their best to make everything sound cohesive. They all seemed to have good chemistry together when they weren't talking, or if Harry wasn't talking.

Harry had caught Niall's eye every now and then. He noticed how fidgety the boy was acting. He thought he saw Niall spending a little too long near his guitar case.

Maybe Niall is just noticing his flash drive is missing? It would definitely explain Niall's weird mood. He clearly didn't want Harry to know that he was madly in love. Harry just became more and more assured he was going to get to the bottom of this.