Chapter Three

Teenagers were rushing through the school doors left and right. Niall stumbled along with them, holding tightly onto Harry's guitar case. He needed to get it to the band room and apologize as soon as possible.

Niall was tripping over his feet when he entered the band room, especially when he caught Harry already waiting.

"Ah, mate, you're here. I must have accidentally grabbed your guitar case in my rush. Apologies.", Harry said with a slight smile on his face, amused at Niall's stumbling.

"Oh-oh no. My apologies. I'm sure it's my fault. Uh- here's your case. I- I may have played with your guitar.", Niall stuttered out.

Harry assuredly responded, "Don't stress about it mate, I played with yours as well. Look at us, bonding."

"Oh, yes, we've bonded. I mean- you know what I mean."

Niall wanted to hit himself over the head because of his embarrassing reply. He had no cool, especially not around Harry and he knew he was being transparent.

"Mhmm. Bonded.", Harry responded with a slight sultry smirk.

Niall gulped.

"I'll go ahead and trade cases with you. Maybe we can get together sometime? If not, no worries. I'm quite busy."

"He-here. We should d-d-definitely um, get together sometime.", Niall stuttered.

The two traded guitar cases and Harry soon left the room, leaving Niall alone with his thoughts. Niall couldn't believe he had made such a fool of himself. The blush staining his cheeks and neck felt like it'd never go away.

Niall raced off to get to class before he was tardy. He hated knowing everyone could see him looking like a beet. Times like this made it work out that he had no friends. Now no one could hold his feelings over his head.

Class ticked by as Niall doodled in his notebook. Soon another page would be filled with crudely done drawings of a guy with long hair and sparkling eyes. Niall let out a long, soft sigh. The man of his dreams? He thinks so.

Maybe Harry and him could go on a music date? Niall let the thought dash away quickly, like he does all his other hopes and dreams. Boys like him just didn't get guys like Harry. He had to keep reminding himself of that.

Niall glanced at the clock and realized class was soon about to let out. He wanted to stop being a wimp and decided that if he came across Harry in the halls he'd ask him out. He could have courage.

As class released, Niall began to walk to halls with an eager eye looking for Harry. Unfortunately or maybe fortunately for Niall, he stumbled into something else. Literally. Niall tripped on his feet and went face first into a group of three guys.

"Oh- oh no. Not this again. Uh- um sorry. Really.", Niall said as he subtly examined the three in front of him.

"No worries, lad. You in a hurry?", a guy with dark brown hair and blazing eyes asked Niall.

"Uh- no. Should- should I introduce myself? Niall. Niall Horan."

The guy with the blazing eyes responded in amusement, "Zayn Malik."

The only short boy of the group replied, "Louis Tomlinson."

"Liam Payne.", said the plain boy with a smug look.

"I saw you in the music room earlier with Harry. Do you play anything?", asked Louis.

Niall was just barely able to stutter out, "I do and-and sing."

"Cool. Maybe you can meet us after school sometime? We've been looking for new people who are actually competent. That is, if you are.", Zayn said with a smile.

"Um, definitely, yeah.", Niall said with a shy smile.

Niall left the school feeling a bit of pride and hope. Even though he missed an opportunity to see Harry again, he may have just made some new friends who share his passion.