Chapter Eight

By mid afternoon, Harry's phone was pinging off the charts. Hate comments were flooding his socials. Family texting him with concern, but not for him, for Niall.

Everybody seems so upset that Harry broke Niall's heart. It's not like it was his intention, just for the first time in his life he didn't know what to say! Now he's in a situation he didn't plan on being in. How Niall's song blew up is beyond him.

Harry was so annoyed. And mad! Niall wanted him to break his knees? C'mon, it's not that serious. Or maybe it was and Harry was just an ass.

How was one going to fix this situation? Harry had to miss school just so he wouldn't be harassed in the halls. The bloody song had gone viral over night.

Apart of Harry felt proud of Niall. The song did sound really good and now he's getting the notoriety Harry has always craved. Proud and jealous. He couldn't help but wonder if the jealously was a fault of his own making, like Niall implied.

Was he a bad person? Could a bad person recognize that? Where did this leave him?

Harry did give it a long thought that maybe he had some self reflecting and changing to do. He wasn't shallow enough to think that Niall might be wrong. It would be so much work though.

Harry
"Niall, my little irish boy, please respond."
"I didn't mean to hurt you."
"Niall! The people hate me because of you. I did nothing."
"Ya know what, mate? Screw you."
"Niall, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it."
"Please."

Harry spammed Niall's phone just hoping for any type of response. It felt like his life was over. Everybody, including his little leprechaun hated him.

Harry stomped over to his guitar and got to strumming. "Two can play at that game", he thought.

He put his all into this song. His feelings for Niall mixed with thoughts on his own inadequacy. A song made just to show his inner turmoil.

Within twenty four hours from the release of 'Penance is The Price', Harry had released a song in response. Since the other song was so fresh and doing so well people raced to listen to Harry.

His socials continued to flood but this type with a different, more mixed response. Some loved hearing Harry's struggle and many still sided with Niall, hating Harry.

It felt nice to finally get the attention Harry felt he deserved. It would be great if he could reconcile with Niall and start that band. They already have all eyes on them.

What would it take to get Niall to talk to Harry? How would he have to grovel?

Time moved slowly with a tenseness. It was an agony but nothing could be done until the next day. Harry didn't think he'd ever awaited going to school so much.

Suddenly Harry's phone dinged.

Zayn
"Mate, we are all really on board with this band thing but I don't think you should be apart of it for Niall's sake."

Harry
"I get it, but please let me stick around for a bit. I want to try and make this work."

Zayn
"Please? Didn't think I'd ever see you say that word."

Harry
"I want to change. I ask you to give me the opportunity."

Zayn
"Louis says I should, so fine. Guess we'll see you tomorrow."

Relief flooded Harry's system. Hopefully all would go well.