2 - Life Goes On

After sending the text to Pamela, you pay for your drinks and leave. Alexis is obviously nowhere to be seen, which is still kind of a bummer. You want to thank her for sitting with you and talking, but all in good time.

Instead, the only thing left to worry about is Pam's reply:

Pam: can I come over? I wanna see you

Well shit, your house is a mess. Then again, it doesn't take that long to clean a few contingency areas. All you'll need to clean is the main bathroom, the kitchen, the living room, and your bedroom (if time allows it). What? Oh, get your filthy mind out of the gutter, you sleep in there!

You: yeah, just gimme like an hour to clean + stuff

Pam: ok, cya then!

[ONE HOUR LATER]

You manage to clean up just in a nick of time, because the second you finish your room the doorbell rings.

You answer the door and there she is: Pamela Martinez, the hugger herself.

"Hi Y/N!" She squeals excitedly, wrapping you in an enormous hug before walking past you into your freshly cleaned living room. She always lives up to that stupid gimmick, which she does even use anymore.

"So what do you need to talk about?" you ask, following her. Pam doesn't answer immediately, but instead stretches out across your couch and smiles at you.

"I dunno. What do you need to talk about?" Classic Pamela, answering a question with the same question.

"Whatever you came here to talk about, probably," you reply, slightly annoyed. Your guest seems like she has something particular on her mind, but doesn't actually want to talk about it.

"Well, I came to talk about what's happening with you," Pamela replies, the smile fading and replacing itself with an expression full of worry. "You haven't said a word to anyone for an entire week right after a break up. Amanda wants to ruin you, dude."

"I know."

"It doesn't even kind of bother you, Y/N?"

"No, why would it?"

Pamela just sighs and stands up, pulling you up with her. You walk her to the door and, as she's leaving, she plants a tender kiss on your cheek.

"I'm going back on the road tomorrow, Y/N. Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone," she says, allowing you to wrap her in a hug of your own.

"How could I? All the stupid is going with you," you joke, and she pulls away from you laughing. You watch as she gets in her car and drives away.

So now that Bayley is returning to SmackDown, it may be time for Y/RN to return to Raw. Nearly four months ago, you suffered a "severe injury" so you could spend some time with Amanda. The plan had been to propose and, if she would've said yes, prepare for the wedding. Obviously that isn't going to happen anymore, so maybe it really is time to return to television... fuck it, let's do it.

You pull out your phone and call Stephanie, hoping she's still awake at this hour of the night. She answers sounding a little groggy, "Yes, Y/N?"

"I want to come back," you reply confidently, to which she sighs.

"Putting you on TV would be a bad move when you won't comment on your situation with Amanda," Stephanie replies tiredly. It's not even sleepiness affecting her anymore, but rather how annoyed she is that you called her after midnight. Also, this isn't the first occurence.

"C'mon, Steph. You know how well I sell."

"Unfortunately, I do. I'll expect to see you at the next show, then?"

"100%. Thanks, boss."

Not even two seconds after your reply she hangs up, and you head to bed. As you lie there dozing off, a thought crosses your mind: none of this would've happened without Alexis Kaufman. She accidentally just pulled you out of a deep hole, and she won't know it until next Monday.

[THE NEXT MORNING]

You roll out of bed and start your routine. About halfway through breakfast, last night hits you like a freight train. You're going back?! Did you actually think that going on tour with Amanda is a good idea? News flash: it's not. This was a very BAD idea.

Then again, you did hear a rumor that they're not allowing her to appear on TV, which makes you smile just a little. Karma's a bitch, but even she can't compare to your ex-girlfriend.

Your character plays this kind of rebel, anyways. It's a good look for him to be appearing under very serious circumstances.

Part of you thinks that all this is ridiculous. Amanda has no solid proof of any of the things she accused you of. You saw pictures of bruises, but that's not really foolproof.

So you could call her shit and have her fired for crying wolf, but it isn't practical. Better yet, it's not who you are. The whole thing will blow over soon, anyways.

You finish your routine and head to the gym to start preparing to go back to work. You stayed in really good shape while you were away, but you will need to polish your physique and skills before you step foot into that ring again.

For you, it won't take much. A week is not a lot of time to shake off four months of ring rust, but you're Y/RN. If anyone can to it, it's you.

The gym looks decently empty upon arrival. Good, the less people the better. If someone sees how hard you're working they might think something's up. This entire week is about to look like a training montage from Rocky.

The moment you begin your warm-up, she walks in. She sees you over in your corner of the gym and walks over to you. The way her workout clothing hugs her body almost makes you miss her, but it's the rest of her that makes you wanna vomit.